Help

Last Updated:

1. MOJOWY

MOJOWY New Member This Topic's Starter

Can someone tell me thoughts on a phone We have been alltel for yrs here in Wyoming i want android phone if i buy the best they have right now HTC Desire it becomes unuseable after jan 11(ATT take over here) The free replacement just doesnt seem to be the same grade of a phone. Or we go with Verizon and go with the droid x and not have to up grade in jan. Is there a phone on ATT line up that will do the same or near what the droid x does? Thanks

Advertisement
  2. copestag

copestag Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forums :)

I believe the leading android phone on ATT is currently the Samsung Captivate......as far as being better or worse than the DroidX its a matter of opinion I suppose

its really more a matter of how the VZW service compares to the ATT/Alltel service...... if VZW works just as well or better in your area then I would say thats a big advantage IMO..... that is at least if youre planning to stick with android

ATT is so gungho about the iPhone market that they dont give equal oppurtunity when it comes to android phones....... so if you can get just as good service from VZW then your selection of phones in the future are certainly gonna be better going that route

just my 2 cents ..... Im sure there are others who feel just the opposite.... and of course I have no clue what kind of reception you get from different providers in your area

3. MOJOWY

MOJOWY New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for your help and yes the reception is the same. How about what the Alltel rep is saying that ATT data g3 will be way faster then VZW? Yes i want to stay with the android not into the apple bull. Allso do you know if the droid X hdmi cable hook to a tv and watch like netflex movies? right from the phone

4. Martimus

Martimus One bite at a time... Moderator

AT&T is currently experiencing some serious problems with their 3G network in some of their larger markets thanks to the iPhone users (amongst other things). Verizon is also currently running a 3G network of it's own.

If you happen to live in a rural area of Wyoming, then utilization of each network should be lighter and, I'm thinking a decision will probably need to be based on your proximity to the nearest cell tower. In the city, utilization will be higher but then again so will the density of cell towers in the area.