• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Help!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't think so. I worked with a guy on this a month or so ago and I found some cliff notes from an email which I'll post. First you need to download Parted from the Cyanogenforums link. Then extract the 6 files to the sdk tools folder. My commands also assume you placed sdk on the root of your C drive. Once you have the files in the tools folder:

cd\sdk\tools
You should then see this:
C:\sdk\tools> (blinking cursor here)

adb push {insert filename 1-6 here} /sbin/
(Note the addition of spaces MUST be correct on all commands from here on out. There's one after the word "push" and one after the filename you're going to enter. I'm only adding the { } brackets for emphasis. They're not used in any true push command.

Once you get all those 6 files pushed to /sbin/ the next thing you do is:

adb shell
Should now see a # come up. (this verifies root access) After the # at the blinking cursor, you do this:

cd /sbin/
chmod 0755 {file 1-6 here}

After those 6 entries and while still at /sbin, do this:

parted dev/block/mmcblk0 mkfs ext2

Then enter "1", then "ext2", then move on to partition 2 and do the same

Upvote 0
Don't think so. I worked with a guy on this a month or so ago and I found some cliff notes from an email which I'll post. First you need to download Parted from the Cyanogenforums link. Then extract the 6 files to the sdk tools folder. My commands also assume you placed sdk on the root of your C drive. Once you have the files in the tools folder:

cd\sdk\tools
You should then see this:
C:\sdk\tools> (blinking cursor here)

adb push {insert filename 1-6 here} /sbin/
(Note the addition of spaces MUST be correct on all commands from here on out. There's one after the word "push" and one after the filename you're going to enter. I'm only adding the { } brackets for emphasis. They're not used in any true push command.

Once you get all those 6 files pushed to /sbin/ the next thing you do is:

adb shell
Should now see a # come up. (this verifies root access) After the # at the blinking cursor, you do this:

cd /sbin/
chmod 0755 {file 1-6 here}

After those 6 entries and while still at /sbin, do this:

parted dev/block/mmcblk0 mkfs ext2

Then enter "1", then "ext2", then move on to partition 2 and do the same
got it and i can now backup. you my friend are a life saver and than you so so so much for your help. wish you were closer as i would buy you a tasty beverage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones