Help!!!!Support

Last Updated:

1. bvr127

bvr127 Member This Topic's Starter

Performed all the steps from Mikestoolz and deleted some files. now my phone will not download from the market and does not have a browser. how do i get into recovery mode or how can i flash it back to stock. ran a factory reset and it deleted all my apps as i wanted but still shows the super user app installed. i know that if i take my phone to metro they will know it was rooted due to the super user app. Please if any one can help me would be much appreciated

Advertisement
  2. edgchacon

edgchacon Well-Known Member

Let me know and I can copy them off and PM them to you.

AFAIK....there doesnt seem to be a stock ROM anywhere. Maybe a corp MetroPCS store can reflash?

bvr127 likes this.
  3. bvr127

bvr127 Member This Topic's Starter

LG Optimus firmware.

i think this is the stock rom!!!
    but i dont know what to do with it

4. edgchacon

edgchacon Well-Known Member

When you were deleting stuff...which ones did you delete?? If you know what APK files you deleted I can probably copy them from my phone and then you can install them on your phone.

Sorry but I have no idea either about flash a stock ROM or how to make one.

5. NICKtheRAT

NICKtheRAT Member

this is exactly why i am scared to root my phone. i want a stock android os installed.

6. andyo70

andyo70 Well-Known Member

These are to be used with phone restoration software that cell providers actually use to recover phones. Sure they'll work but the fools on that forum expect you to pay money for the .dll files needed for the software to be able to successfully identify and connect to the Optimus M. LGNPST 5.0.12.0 and 5.0.10.0 Generic and Component .dll's to be exact. As quoted by one of the forum members when asked for these files they stated, "Not for free yet my friend." followed by another user calling the original poster a "leach". Those bums aren't even worth my time.

7. jhanley2525

jhanley2525 Member

backup before you start and this wont be an issue. U cant be lazy AND inexperienced, you have to pick 1 :D

8. ChazzMatt

ChazzMatt Well-Known Member

How do you back up? Someone mentioned Titanium Freeze. Is that what you use?

9. kanaida

kanaida Well-Known Member

after rooting my phone, I used root explorer and copied /sys/apps/AnyAPKFileIWantedToRemove.apk -> /sdcard/backup
    prior to deleting it. (well I actually moved the file)

So far I only tried it with the EasyWifi
    then I opened up the APK to install it as a regular app.
    Basically I just wanted to not start automatically, but keep it because after reading about it, it looked like maybe somewhere i might get wifi that I couldn't otherwise get while driving around.

10. andyo70

andyo70 Well-Known Member

Way to pay for something you could have done for free.

I know you gave these fools your money so you could get those Component and Generic dlls cuz I saw you try to sell them to someone on these forums.

Now look here... http://androidforums.com/lg-optimus...-downgrade-pssst-look-here-if-you-do-lol.html

To quote the great Johnny Rotten "Ever get the feeling you've been cheated?"