Help!!!

Last Updated:

1. acseazzu

acseazzu Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I'm trying to find the OTA firmware that T-mobile sent out. For some reason my service is not working. So is there is a way to do it though the computer? Help is greatly apreciated.

Advertisement
  2. virusbetax

virusbetax Well-Known Member

Yes there is a way! the OTA update was discontinued according to T-Mobile because of a signal issue. Many users reported no such thing but who knows! Below is the guide to flashing your phone!

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY PROBLEMS AND OR CORRUPTION IN DATA OR LOSS OF INFORMATION AND OR VOIDING OF WARRANTY.

Note the guide will help you and guide you through the process very thoroughly just follow that!

download link with guide and files in it
    2shared - download T939UVJE2_OEM.zip
    Click "Save file to your PC" near the bottom right

Windows 64 bit (Vista and after) - FYI

A new "security feature" in Windows prevents installing and loading of drivers that have not been signed by Microsoft. If you have a 64bit operating system, Vista or newer, you will have to follow special procedures to install and use the included drivers. If signed drivers exist they will be added to the download when they are found.

Before you installed the drivers and whenever you want to use the ADB / Odin functionality later you must do the following:

Reboot your computer, once it begins starting immediately hold F8.
    After a few seconds you will get the Windows Startup Menu.
    Select "Disable Driver Signature Enforcement".
    Install or use your driver/device in Windows.

Property of Nu11u5

3. acseazzu

Another question... What does it mean to root a phone? is there a totally stock 1.6 without touch wiz?

4. acseazzu

Wait. Is it bad if I did every thing on the instuction guide without rooting my phone? Could I flash the final 1.6 Galaxy rom? How do you root a phone? Sorry total nebie thinking.

5. acseazzu

Got it.... I fugured it out my self.