Last Updated:

  1. Last night my son thought it would be fun to play with my Fascinate in the tub. He had it in his hands and it had some water on it. I dried it, but the battery got wet. Now, it wont come on unless it is plugged in to the charger. But when I have it plugged in, it says its fully charged and to unplug it, even when the battery is at 89%. And when i unplug it, its still saying that its plugged in to the a/c charger or usb. Do I need to get a new battery or is my phone screwed?:(

  2. AMTrombley0924

    AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

    It could be either or. Is the water damage sticker inside the phone activated? if not, you may be able to get VZW to replace the battery or the phone. If not, then I would go on amazon, buy a $5 battery for your phone, test it and see what works. If you still have the same issues, logic would imply that it's the phone. This solution is best because buying a $5 battery from amazon is much better than buying straight from sammy, and having to pay $50. Let us know what happens
  3. The sticker on the battery is white..and I dont remember what it was before. The sticker on the phone is a pink/red.
  4. AMTrombley0924

    AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

    Well that means one of them (the one that's NOT the original color) is the damaged part. If someone else with a Facinate on here can tell you what the original color is (i have a different phone), then it should give you an idea of what needs to be replaced.
  5. Leonard1818

    Leonard1818 Well-Known Member

    henstoneswifey likes this.
  6. AMTrombley0924

    AMTrombley0924 VIP Member VIP Member

    Well if that's the case, then it's actually a good thing, since replacing a battery is much cheaper than replacing a phone
    henstoneswifey likes this.
  7. OMG thank you so much. I was afraid that my phone was shot. I will get a new battery tomorrow. Again Thank you guys!
  8. Ok, it quit charging completely. I plugged it into my mom's charger and it is charging just fine. But it still needs to be plugged in when I turn it on, it still shows the dead battery when I try to turn it on unplugged.

Share This Page