• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

~help~

xSamx

Lurker
Dec 28, 2011
Hey Guys,

To all the phone Wiz people, I bought an Samsung Galaxy S i900, if thats what its called, Lol. Anyways it seem's to freeze all the time, i have bought it a while ago now, but its come to a point where i can just smack it off the wall, I dont know how to update and what is what but all i know it freeze's and it goes really really slow. Please someone tell me what to do how to do it, and a step by step guide please, as im not a genius with these things, much appreciated.

Sam

I'd recommend a full factory reset and start over with your apps. If you go to menu>settings>privacy>factory data reset it will wipe all user data from your phone and remove any apps you have installed. It shouldn't touch files on your sd card, but backup anyway just to be safe. You will also lose SMS messages and mail, so back them up too, if you wish to keep any of them.

If you still have the problem after that, you might have a hardware problem that would need to be repaired or replaced.

Upvote 0
Thanks a milliion, I was looking to do a factory reset but the only reason I didn't go that way is because id lose everything, but i can always download them again, there are some apps which i have bought like theory test, and if i lose that then id have to reinstall it again, is there any way that I could do it a different way? & how do i go by saving my messages?

Upvote 0
Once you do a factory reset, you'll need to re-register the phone. Just use the same gmail account and you can install your apps again, including the paid ones. I use appbrain.com which makes it easy to reinstall all the same apps.

Use SMS backup for your messages. Then move the backup file off the phone (just to be safe) and after the reset, reinstall the app and then restore the messages.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones