Help!!

1. thebish78uk

thebish78uk New Member

Hi all,
    i recently found the courage to unbrand and root my previously orange branded DHD with the Advanced ACE Hack kit and then updated with the Android Revolution HD ROM.
    I am now finding that the battery drains a bit too fast and have read it could have something to do with the radio version not being up to date or something.
    i wonder if anyone could possibly help me by:
    1. Telling me what the latest version should be and
    2. Explain how to actually update it (bearing in mind i am quite new to all this)

Thank u

Advertisement
    :
  2. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Hello and welcome to the forums - thanks for joining!

Generally, it isn't a case of the "most up to date" radio, but rather that, with some ROM's, the ROM Developer recomends a radio to be used with their ROM. Usually this is mentioned in the thread where you would have downloaded the ROM itself... I am at work at the moment and only checking in on here whilst @ lunch... if you can hang on, I'll have a look and see if I can't find you some info when I get home this evening...

You never know... someone else may be able to jump in and provide more info before I get home!

Cheers,
    D

EDIT - moved to the All Things Root sub-section
    thebish78uk likes this.
  3. El Presidente

El Presidente Beware The Milky Pirate! Moderator

[RADIO][LATEST: 26.14.04.28] The HTC Desire HD Radio Thread - xda-developers

There you go, that's the latest radio thread, the current version ends in 26.14.04.28. What's your current version? Settings -> About Phone -> Software Info -> Baseband version.

It's easy, if not a little risky so you might be better off flashing a RIL. That's done from within clockwork. There's a bit of info on what radios and RILs are here.

Have a read, let us know what you think. :)
    D-U-R-X likes this.
  4. D-U-R-X

D-U-R-X turbo drinker Moderator

Cheers EP!
  5. thebish78uk

thebish78uk New Member

Thanks for all the help.
    Baseband version i have is: 12.56.60.25U_26.10.04.03_M