Help!!! !!! !!!Support

Last Updated:

1. NoelGallagherisGod

NoelGallagherisGod New Member This Topic's Starter

I have Helix Launcher installed on my Droid 2.1, and have had it for about a month now. And all of a sudden today, I am getting CONSTANT force closes, to the point where I can't even get to the settings, or market to uninstall it.

Is there another way to remove it from my phone???

Advertisement
  2. aneki

aneki Active Member

Probably able through terminal or adb. Find the file and rm*filename*. Someone else well have to get you the code.. Sorry

3. droidpcguru

droidpcguru Well-Known Member

There is a way to start the Droid in safe mode. Power it off, slide out the keyboard, then hold the menu key on the keyboard while powering it up. Keep holding the menu key until the M logo disappears. When it finishes powering up, you will see the indicator for safe mode and be able to do what you need from there.

4. Ilphay

Ilphay Active Member

Same thing happened to me over the weekend...I was pretty bummed...I couldn't fix it so I went to Verizon and they did it for me...the only bad thing is that all my apps were erased too...

I hope this helps, if you read the last two threads it might help. I wish I woulda known this before I took my phone to Verizon..
    http://androidforums.com/motorola-droid/67549-fc-helix-launcher-help.html

5. sparkyd

sparkyd New Member

I did remove a program using adb. You have to open adb using (your phone will have to be rooted):
    Code (Text):
    1. adb shell
    Then search for the program name.
    Code (Text):
    1. ls /system/app/
    Once you find the name of the program, you can do a
    Code (Text):
    1. rm /system/app/<program_name>
    disclaimer: I've only done this once, but for me it worked perfect when I did it. I'm also not sure if a Launcher leaves other files somewhere or other settings.