HelpSupport

Last Updated:

1. timg

timg Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    New Sony Ericsson uiser here, i need a bit of advice on how to enable me to replace the phones ringtones with my own choice from my computer?

Thanks
    Tim

Advertisement
  2. blaze_dave

blaze_dave Well-Known Member

Do you mean assign mp3 as ringtones?

If so, you need to go to the Android Market and download Tone Picker :)

3. KTP

KTP Well-Known Member

you dont need to do that at all.

you can go into your music files via mediascape, find the song you want and then press the menu button (bottom left button on the phone) then you'll see the option of set as ringtone.
    simples

lekky likes this.
  4. timg

timg Member This Topic's Starter

Hi
    thanks for the advice , i have done as you suggested already but that only does the ringtone. I am after setting my selection as the text notification tone , but am unable to do this.

Thanks
    Tim

5. Crash27

Crash27 Well-Known Member

If you want to set a ringtone or music as a text messaging you need to open the text messaging then click the left button on the bottom of the phone, this will pop up the menu options, select setting and there it is, just scroll down and you will see the option to select anything you want to it.

6. blaze_dave

blaze_dave Well-Known Member

Yeah download Tone Picker which will allow you to do that. Some have said they can select it using the left button, but I couldn't.

7. wooks63

wooks63 Well-Known Member

Or you can just connect your phone to your PC so you can access the memory card.

* Create a folder called audio (if it's not already there).
    * Under that, create 3 folders called 'alarms', 'notifications' and 'ringtones' (don't put the single quotes!).
    * Put any MP3 files you want to use in the respective folders (for incoming text messages put them in the notifications folder).
    * Then under the system settings, when you chose your tone, the ones you've included in these folders should also appear in the list.

timg likes this.