• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
First let me start by saying hello everyone. I am looking for help I downloaded an app and somehow I ended up with touchwiz on my phone and now my Google play is gone and the pics and my Gallery are gone.

Can you be more specific as to what you installed, what phone you have and the version of Android your running?

Sent from my C525c using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: funkylogik
Upvote 0
Touchwiz is the name of the component Samsung adds to every Android device they make, (except Nexus devices). It's a modification of the framework and includes a lot of the extra features that they advertise on TV as well as the launcher that you are use to seeing. If you were to remove touchwiz without applying the proper fixes, it could render your phone very difficult to own.

Moved to the GS4 Active Forum.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones