HELP!!!!Support

Last Updated: 2014-03-26 23:25:21
  1. jigoku0128

jigoku0128 Member

I recently installed the SG S5 video player apk on my SG S4 which just updated the S4 version of the app. I've since uninstalled it (or so i thought) and now i'm left with an icon on my app drawer with the '#4cffffff'. I can't get rid off it or disable it as my phone isn't rooted. It doesn't seem to be causing problems...yet. I just want to know if and how i can remove the icon?

Advertisement
  2. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

If you tap the icon with the funky name, what happens? Does it open any app?
    jigoku0128 likes this.
  3. jigoku0128

jigoku0128 Member

Yeah. It opens the video player with a list of the videos on my device. It seems that the apk was the asian version as on the play store, it said there was an update available but when i tryed, it said 'this version is not available in your country'. It appears to be residual but i cleared all residual files via 'clean master'. I've checked on the app manager and it doesn't take any memory up.
  4. BigRedGonzo

BigRedGonzo Well-Known Member

To get rid of the icon, you may try installing it again and then immediately uninstalling it. I would say, "It can't hurt to try," but in this situation you could end up with two "funky" icons. Otherwise, I think there is a way to hide an icon in the app drawer, you could give that a shot.
  5. jigoku0128

jigoku0128 Member

Re-installing not working. I've hidden the 'app' already but i want it gone. Looks like a last ditched attempt and do a factory reset and see how it goes.
  6. jigoku0128

jigoku0128 Member

The factory reset worked, it's nowhere to be found on my S4. Backed everything up to kies and everything's fine. Thanks for your suggestions.