• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help!!!!!!!!!!

KleptoMagz

Lurker
Apr 10, 2014
Alright Idk if this is the right place to post this forum because I made my account just now to get answers. Today I was in the shower and I had my phone in there playing music on my speaker.. now when i got out i dropped it because I was holding my dirty clothes, speaker and phone all at once.. stupid I now. Anyways now the touchscreen acts up like its not as functional as if it cant pin point where im clicking on the screen now idk if this is the fact that I dropped it or the steam from the showers getting the hardware wet.. because just a FYI that does mess up your phone and ive had plenty of phones messed up just because I took it in the shower and the steam would seap into the phone and mess up the hardware but usually when this happens the phone also *****es out clicking on random apps and doing crazy spastic movements with out even touching the phone sometimes.. idk what it is but if its broke could someone possible tell me a fix ? and if its just wet hardware is there way to fix that or will it eventually fix itself ? I got this phone not to long ago and its by far my favorite and getting a new phone is not an option right now... also please dont tell me to Root it because that has nothing to do with the actual hardware its all to do with software

Chances are it IS hardware and not software but rooting wont fix it.
If youre lucky the digitizer is just a bit messed up by the moisture and putting it in a warm dry place for a day will sort it out.
If youre unlucky the drop has damaged the digitizer and it needs a new one.
try drying it out and see what happens.
Good luck and welcome to the forums ;):beer:

Upvote 0
Put it in uncooked rice or other desiccant, and store it in a warm place for a week, like an airing cupboard, to try and ensure that it's completely dry. And if it's still malfunctioning after you're certain it's completely dry, then you might be looking at a new phone.

FYI to listening to music from a phone while taking a shower is not something I do myself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones