help...

Last Updated:

1. Timothypearson2609

Timothypearson2609 New Member This Topic's Starter

i installed bugless beast 1.1 and I get a boot loop when I try to install the 1gh kernal but its fine when I have the 800 mgh kernal can anyone help me overclock at 1gh?

Advertisement
  2. ech0

ech0 Active Member

You could try installing different kernels clocked at that speed. I'm a CM guy myself, so I don't have much experience with Bugless Beast.

Also, did you wipe data/cache when installing BB? As long as you do that, there *shouldn't* be any issues.

3. Timothypearson2609

Yeah I did that and I tried installing a 1gh clocked at 800 still got tthe boot loop

4. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

I'm pretty much in the same boat. I installed Nexbeast and it worked fine but tried about 8 different kernels and got a boot loop every time. Everytime, I go back and install the Nex 1.1 ROM and it worked, running fine at 600mhz.

Now, I dunno whats up, but no matter what I do, it gets stuck at the droid eye. It'll do the eye for a while, go blank, then back to the eye. Over and over.

5. nstallion

nstallion Well-Known Member

You could just have the horribly bad luck of not being stable at higher clock speeds. You might also want to try higher voltage kernels because at higher clock speeds you may need a higher voltage to maintain stability. This could compromise battery life and increase temperatures.

6. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

When I had Bugless Beast 0.8 installed, I was running fine at 1.1 Ghz for months, no issues at all. Not really sure what the voltages are, but I've tried almost every kernel on Fabolous' thread for Nexbeast, even the 800mhz, and two of P3's kernels, that Fabolous himself is using.

I just put BB1.1 on my phone and installed it, but doesn't look like this is working either. WTF. At this point, I don't give a damn about higher clock speeds, I just want my phone to work.

Would doing a full wipe help?

7. Timothypearson2609

flash it back to stock with rsdlite and start all over again

8. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

I did a complete wipe and flashed BB1.1, which got it running. Then I flashed NexBeast 1.1 and that is running well now. I'm fairly happy with the speed, but really want to OC it to around 1.1Ghz. What is the safest kernel to use that won't throw me in a boot loop again?

9. Fabolous

Fabolous Superuser VIP Member

Just download both the low and standard voltage and have them on your SD card. If the low voltage throws you into a boot loop, just reboot back into recovery and flash the standard voltage.

Doesn't hurt to go into the partitions menu and wipe the boot partition before flashing either.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

10. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

11. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

Finally got the jdlfg 800mhz kernel to work. His 1ghz gave me a boot loop again.

Fab, do you mean go into the partitions menu and 'format boot'? What exactly does that do?