• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
I'm pretty much in the same boat. I installed Nexbeast and it worked fine but tried about 8 different kernels and got a boot loop every time. Everytime, I go back and install the Nex 1.1 ROM and it worked, running fine at 600mhz.

Now, I dunno whats up, but no matter what I do, it gets stuck at the droid eye. It'll do the eye for a while, go blank, then back to the eye. Over and over.

Upvote 0
When I had Bugless Beast 0.8 installed, I was running fine at 1.1 Ghz for months, no issues at all. Not really sure what the voltages are, but I've tried almost every kernel on Fabolous' thread for Nexbeast, even the 800mhz, and two of P3's kernels, that Fabolous himself is using.

I just put BB1.1 on my phone and installed it, but doesn't look like this is working either. WTF. At this point, I don't give a damn about higher clock speeds, I just want my phone to work.

Would doing a full wipe help?

Upvote 0
I did a complete wipe and flashed BB1.1, which got it running. Then I flashed NexBeast 1.1 and that is running well now. I'm fairly happy with the speed, but really want to OC it to around 1.1Ghz. What is the safest kernel to use that won't throw me in a boot loop again?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones