• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help HELP!!!!

SnoopNova

Lurker
Apr 24, 2015
Ok so I have a phone the DROID RAZR MAXX HD Its a verizon and the sound its completely not working and the microphone doesn't work plus when I check about my phone i get for this
Network: Unkown Roaming: Unkown Mobile network state: Disconnected Phone Number: Unknown MIN: Unkown ICCID: Unkown and IMS Registrtion Status: Not registered
I need help A.S.A.P

Well, I think you need to find out from your friend what he did to the device out of the ordinary.
As @Hadron requested, has it been dropped, or got wet, or the software modified in any way, contract still in effect?
Something got borked somehow by an attempted, failed root process or rom flash, kernel flash or fubarb'ed update.

The more you can find out about what he did, the better we can assist ;)

Reactions: Hadron
Upvote 0
Well, I think you need to find out from your friend what he did to the device out of the ordinary.
As @Hadron requested, has it been dropped, or got wet, or the software modified in any way, contract still in effect?
Something got borked somehow by an attempted, failed root process or rom flash, kernel flash or fubarb'ed update.

The more you can find out about what he did, the better we can assist ;)
I don't really know if it has been dropped or whatever.

Upvote 0
No, you can only ask your friend. Since (s)he knew the sound was bad they presumably know when that started too, and also whether the device has been dropped, wetted, whether the problem started after an update or whether they ever tried to modify the system software themselves.

If the system software has not been damaged (by a rooting attempt or a bad system update) then a factory reset will clear any problem due to user-installed apps, data or settings. And if you can rule both of those out, that only leaves hardware problems, which can only be fixed by a repair.

As others have said, a lot of the other stuff could just be that the phone isn't registered with a VZW contract at the moment.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones