Helpful TipsTips

1. johnnyolivares

johnnyolivares Well-Known Member

This thread is so people can post things they discovered about the Motion, for example I remember on my indulge if you held then move the status bar you could adjust the brightness.

Advertisement
  2. Muilisx

Muilisx Well-Known Member

I for one have taken a nice liking to the Quiet Time feature.

This is located under system settings/sound

This feature allows you to set up a time frame for certain days or everyday to where your phone will go silent mode. At first, I did not care for this as I could manually switch the phone to silent. But, one day, I decided to try it out, and I have to admit, this is a awesome feature. If I forgot to silent my phone at night, it does it automatically which is awesome.

Mine is set from 2am-11am. During this period everyday, I hear NOTHING from my phone except Alarms and Media

It's a great tool
    johnnyolivares likes this.
  3. johnnyolivares

Also if you hold the menu button while at home you get Google search.
    And I love the lock screen settings
    HunnieBunnie likes this.
  4. robertkoa

robertkoa Well-Known Member

+ 1 On "Quiet Time " Menu.

Camera Tips :

Try cheese shutter (voice activate )or timer so you are NOT moving phone by touching screen to activate shutter- seems easier to get clear shots.

-Edit mode after photo taken has a whole suite of options -slide sub menu icons for more options

including crop , straighten , fill light -to greatly brighten darker photos, sharpen, and more.

Edited photos auto store in different Gallery section leaving original photo intact .

Camera on Motion is not in the same league as Galaxy S3 / Iphone

but you can get more out of it using pre menus (brightness , modes etc.)

and post editing which is really quick and easy.
    HunnieBunnie and johnnyolivares like this.
  5. traviesa78

traviesa78 Active Member

Also I discovered that instead of pressing the camera button when taking pics you also can press volume +, it is a lot easier for me than just be guessing where the camera button is, I'm talking when taking pics of myself :)
  6. johnnyolivares

Nice find. I always had a exceptionally hard time taking a pic. Also you can use volume up or down
    dielouddead and jacobdrj like this.
  7. jacobdrj

jacobdrj Active Member

@johnnyolivares and traviesa78

Wow, great tips on the Camera button. It was a big disappointing that there was no dedicated camera button like there was on my Optimus V and on the Evo V I was going to get instead of this. I am so glad to hear that I can use my volume keys. I never even thought to try.
  8. johnnyolivares

Another find. Pointed out by Johnny Crapple in a different thread.
    When using quick memo you can remove LG's watermark by pressing menu button and clicking signature off.
  9. chevy372

chevy372 Active Member

Hold the home button to show a list of recently accessed apps, and move between them as well. Like alt-tab.
  10. enigmadroid

enigmadroid Well-Known Member

If you want to view your wallpaper pinch out, the icons will fly off screen. Pinch in and they fly back. Mostly just eye candy but if you had a wallpaper of your child or dog and want to show someone it could come in handy.
  11. rottweilerjim

rottweilerjim Well-Known Member

If in a weak signal spot and the phone wants to go to EV instead of 4g, press power button and choose airplane mode, then when the icon appears turn off airplane mode and phone refreshes and resets the signal for strongest setting.
  12. OcalaFlGuy

OcalaFlGuy Well-Known Member

I have one.

It's pretty simple and maybe everyone but me already knew it but it took Me a few days to figure it out.

I know it at least works on the Chrome Browser.

Coming from the 4.3" DX the font size on the Motion was a hair small for me. Yeah you can make it larger with the screen but that's PIAish pretty quickly.

In a Chrome window hit menu >system settings> accessibility and bump up the font size. The trick is to get it just big enough more to read better but not so much to dramatically resize the page. About 130% is working for me.

(There is also another font size selection <small, normal, large, etc;> off the main screen systems settings (> display) but I really don't know what fonts that changes and I found it AFTER I'd found the browser one. <And the browser was where I needed the bump up in size the most.>)

Bruce in Ocala, FL
    johnnyolivares likes this.
  13. PHP87

PHP87 Well-Known Member

Do you mean the "Settings" button, the one on the far-right?

If you hold that down, it brings up the Google search.

It's the button with the 3 horizontal dashes.

Hold it down and you will get the Google Search along with the keypad to type in your search.
  14. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Menu button=Settings button :p

Get enough helpful tips in this thread and I'll sticky it, including links to other members' threads (like this one: http://androidforums.com/lg-motion-4g/666320-hidden-safe-mode-lg-motion-4g.html.) :)
    Also if johnnyolivares wants to, he can update his OP with all tips mentioned already in this thread.
    johnnyolivares and PHP87 like this.
  15. johnnyolivares

sammyz likes this.
  16. jAMES878

jAMES878 Member

Im not sure if this is really a tip or not but....
    If you go to system settings then to about phone start on tapping on Android version a ICS icon pops up

Keep your finger pressed on the screen and the icon will zoom in 3x (i think) and then Androids will start to fly across the screen

2013-02-07-16-47-44.jpg
    redjami0 and alfick3 like this.
  17. OcalaFlGuy

By jove! Bruce in Ocala, FL
    [​IMG]
  18. jAMES878

jAMES878 Member

While in messaging hold down menu button which will bring up a bar for you to search within your messages

Attached Files:

19. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Thread now stuck :D keep it going guys :thumbup:
    johnnyolivares and twogbsd like this.
  20. You'd be surprised at how much better quality your photos will look if you adjust "Scene Mode."

For example, using "Incandescent" while indoors and "Cloudy" while it's cloudy outside makes a huge difference.
  21. xNeurosiis

xNeurosiis Member

How do you change this?
  22. OcalaFlGuy

Camera > settings (the wheel thinggummer) > WB

Different light sources have different temperatures and create different added tinting to a pic. Matching the cameras white balance to the conditions make the whites, White(r). Yes, there is an Auto setting but if there's a special selection for your condition, that works best.

Bruce in Ocala, FL
  23. Led Hendriani

Led Hendriani Member

How many posts til I can create a post to ask about which app actually works to give bluetooth volume boost without needing to root the Motion?

Thanks! :)
  24. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

0 are required to make a new thread.
    1 post required to post links.
    Led Hendriani likes this.
  25. 20GT

20GT Well-Known Member

I challenge you good sir. If I am correct that is the recently used app list not a task manager. Got to task manager Try using 5 different apps. Then close them with the task M. use another app to be sure there off. but you will still find then in the resent app list.;)

Cheers