Helping a friend with a Droid

Last Updated:

1. sprtsfanmm

sprtsfanmm Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Just to start let me say I have an X and have it rooted running ZapX. I am trying to help a friend install a custom ROM on her droid however it seems I have encountered a problem.

The ROM had been downloading, but when I boot into recovery using CWR, there is no option to create a backup or install from SD. Is there something I am missing?

Advertisement
  2. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

Should be a "nandroid" option. Look in there to do backups. About the third thing down in Clockwork is "install zip from SD Card". That's where you would choose the zip to install (after wiping, which is AFTER the backup!). :)

3. sprtsfanmm

So, to get the nandroid backup, just use the backup current rom button in clockwork? Then just select install from sd, then it will ask to wipe data right?

4. The_Chief

The_Chief Accept no imitations! Moderator

No it won't. It would in ROM Manager, but not Clockwork. It would just lay the ROM on top of the existing ones without wiping data and you could get a lot of conflicts. Make a backup, then wipe data/factory reset, THEN install ROM from SD card.

sprtsfanmm likes this.
  5. sprtsfanmm

I will try again later tonight, when I can get my hands on her phone

6. shadowdude777

shadowdude777 Well-Known Member

Ideally, you would also wipe boot and system from within ClockworkMod's partition menu. I don't know why ROM Manager doesn't have this option as a checkbox to mark off yet.