Helping you setup your account on LTE

1. sk337sk337

sk337sk337 Active Member

If you need help setting up your account to get LTE post here.

Make sure to have your apns setup like this:

APN NAME: straight talk
    APN: tfdata
    Port: 80
    MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
    MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410

1. Call Byod dept @ 18553332355 (no chat, no forums)
    2. DO NOT call from the device that needs to be setup. (they WILL NOT set it up if you are)
    3. The menu tree is option 1 english, 5 other issues, 6 tech support.
    4. Once you get a rep tell them you have a byod and you need to be transferred. (be nice about it) You will still have to give them your account info.
    5. Explain you need the internet provisioned for LTE for your LTE phone. They'll ask carrier, make, and model.
    6. They'll setup the phone in their system. It takes a few minutes.
    7. You'll power off the phone. (When they tell you)
    8. You'll power on the phone. (When they tell you)
    9. Bam! LTE is working.

If you still have issues post here.

Update: New SIM unlocks LTE

Advertisement
  2. uvbeenzaned

uvbeenzaned Member

Thanks for this post a bunch. I am going to continue trying to call later today.
  3. sk337sk337

sk337sk337 Active Member

Any update?
  4. uvbeenzaned

uvbeenzaned Member

Didn't mean to like the post lol. I haven't called yet, going to call this evening.
  5. Are you on an ATT sim or TMobile? I called this morning and followed the instructions exactly. The guy at the byod department gave me completely different settings and told me to delete the others I had. I asked about your settings tfdata above but he said the settings he was giving me were correct for LTE. He checked twice and said my account was set for LTE. Of course Im not getting LTE speeds still. My galaxy note has always said 4g but its actually only 3g speeds. I told him my phone was showing 3g still though. I'm getting just under 3mb on all servers I hit. He said LTE must not be available in my area yet which is BS. I am 10 minutes outside new orleans in a very populated area and all the people I know on ATT have 4g LTE speeds. Below are the settings he told me to use. Im pretty sure these are what the basic settings are that they have always suggested. Any other suggestions?

APN: att.mvno
    Proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com
    Port: 80
    MMSC: mmsc.cingular.com
    MMS Proxy: 66.209.11.33
    MMS Port: 80
  6. uvbeenzaned

uvbeenzaned Member

I am on AT&T sim and am in the same situation you are right now. All they ever gave out of the 3 separate times I called was the same att.mvno settings. I am working on calling again though.
  7. baseball245

baseball245 New Member

I just called and I also got those same APN settings. I was told that the LTE APN would not work on my phone since it doesn't match what they have in their system. I also have LTE in my area and have an LTE enabled phone.
  8. uvbeenzaned

uvbeenzaned Member

Why is it NET10 when I call? I thought that number you provided was supposed to be Straight Talk.
  9. baseball245

baseball245 New Member

Yeah that happened to me too. I believe the correct number is 18552222355.
  10. uvbeenzaned

uvbeenzaned Member

Gonna try that in a bit.
  11. Sunnysh1

Sunnysh1 Member

sk337sk337, the number you posted is for Net 10.

update:
    Just called straightalk, they say it's only for cdma???? then, a minute later it's only for gsm and cmda new activation! I'm done with this. I don't know how you are doing it sk337sk337
    uvbeenzaned likes this.
  12. I believe one company owns the other. I've called the old net 10 number in the past and always got quicker service for Straight talk.
    Sunnysh1 likes this.
  13. uvbeenzaned

uvbeenzaned Member

I don't think this is going to work. I just called again and got up to some operations manager or something like that and he was treating me like I'm stupid and knows nothing about networks and phones. manager: "I'm sorry sir but if we don't offer it in that area and if you don't have a 4G compatible phone, you can't use LTE there." me: "I know that, but my friend and I were in an LTE area yesterday and he has an AT&T LTE phone as well as I and he was getting 4G LTE speeds and I was getting HSPA+ speeds. So what I was wondering is if there is some way to provision LTE for my account so that the new APN settings (tfdata) will provide data for my phone." After that, he basically told me the same thing again twice after going back and forth. So after that, I just said, "Thanks for trying to help me, have a good day. Bye." So I am about ready to give up, anybody else have any success?
  14. Sunnysh1

Sunnysh1 Member

New update, before I had been calling straight talk phone number, who have the worst customer service ever. Then I called the phone number sk337sk337 had provided, and even though it was a net10, they also do straight talk. The representative (who was like 10x nicer than straight talk) talked through and told me the apn settings (which I have had since i have had their service) but said there is nothing else they can do. the one i have is att.mvno etc. apn settings. they didn't ask me to restart my phone or anything, just that if i have apn settings it should work (which it doesn't). However, at least their customer service was nice! but i'm still not getting lte!!

does the phone have to be unlocked? i have a locked at&t phone. I get 4g (pretty much 3g and 1mbps download only).
  15. uvbeenzaned

uvbeenzaned Member

Actually, I just called the NET10 number and when I gave the system my phone number, it didn't recognize it. "The number you provided is not a NET10 number. Please provide a NET10 phone number."
  16. Sunnysh1

Sunnysh1 Member

just keep pressing 0, until the automative service connects you to a representative.
  17. sk337sk337

sk337sk337 Active Member

Ive done straight talk and net10 phones from that number. Im calling not for you either. I dont feel comfortable doing that.
  18. sk337sk337

sk337sk337 Active Member

Net10 and straight talk are the same company

19. sk337sk337

sk337sk337 Active Member

They need to change the provisioning on your account. Otherwise, the apns don't work.

No it doesnt im using a galaxy mega locked to att
  20. Sunnysh1

Sunnysh1 Member

sk337sk337, you're lucky man. I've tried couple times. i'm getting nothing out of them (Straight talk atleast, net10 just gave apn which is better thab straight talk)
  21. sk337sk337

sk337sk337 Active Member

Maybe ive just got the smartest reps. I doubt that but who knows.
  22. Sunnysh1

Sunnysh1 Member

Trying one more time at net10
  23. uvbeenzaned

uvbeenzaned Member

How could that be? Doesn't that number connect you to the same reps I get?
  24. sk337sk337

sk337sk337 Active Member

It was sarcasm lol
  25. Sunnysh1

Sunnysh1 Member

hahahah

on the phone with one currently, crossing my fingers.