• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Helppp voice text

so how do you voice text with these?
sorry - didn't catch how...

Look for the microphone icon on your keyboard. If your keyboard doesn't have one, try downloading one of the other free keyboards that does have it. I use the Hackers Keyboard. It has the microphone icon. ;)

-tk83VJoGClbpWpR41Hs-PVKTbLQcQ053f32BAhbmdZXQuTHcb3MfA_s5nCS5ylo5g=h310

hQdrcbv6ZxivR649cuXqQKI95U_yJU-ZLPIEPTCrFVeivzVneLKq3sAZ1I6MIbpVUSY=h310

Upvote 0
I don't know why the folks who programmed this phone "hid" the voice button on the stock keyboard. I was trying to figure it out just like the OP. A couple of days ago, I came upon another site where a commenter named "Lynne" solved the mystery...

[This is my first post so it is restricting a link. Link will be in next post.]

Anyway, once you select "Google voice typing" under Language and input settings, open up a new text and bring up the keyboard. You may still just be seeing the gear symbol to the left of the space bar and to the right of the "123Sym" button. Press and hold the gear button. Two options will pop up, the gear and a microphone. Select the mic. It will now expect you to talk. Click Done, then Cancel (unless you actually want to speak something). From now on, you will see the mic option on your keyboard.

It's kind of ridiculous how this is not even mentioned in the owners manual. :mad: :mad:
Thanks to Lynne for posting this info on the other site. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
How do i get the talk text to work???? It says its activated and I should see it on my keyboard...but i do not.....
press and hold the keyboard settings key on the keyboard (the wheel looking icon in the lower left of the keyboard.) The microphone and setting icon will pop up. You can release the key and now hit the microphone icon. It will replace your settings icon. To switch it back just hold the microphone icon and wait for the icons to appear again and select the settings icon. I know it seams odd but that's the trick. Strange it is not mentioned anywhere. Also you can press and hold the smiley face and all the other face options will pop up. You have to keep holding and drag your finger to the face icon you want and the button will change to that face.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones