Here is a key combo to HARD RESET Samsung MomentSupport

1. cdodd1019

cdodd1019 New Member

WARNING; This May and Will mess up your phone if you do not know what you are doing!

I can not help you if you do mess up your phone, be sure you made a back up or that google sync is working. Play around at your own risk!

Take out the battery, put it back in. Simultaneously press Call(Green/Send key
    ) Enter(Middle Trackpad) End(Red/Hang Up) buttons on bottom portion of front face. It will turn on and display "Samsung" and fill a grey bar, then turn yellowish, poof you are now at the self test menu.

From there, go to reset and you should be able to hard reset the device.

Advertisement
  2. kalel3038

kalel3038 Active Member

Don't meant to doubt you and all but that seems to easy that I can't understand how nobody else could get it sooner? And if this is dude you just read my mind cause just exactly this moment I was looking for a hard reset...cause I heard if you do a hard reset you have to do the battery fix again cause the first time I kind of mest up...since I don't have a cp its hard topping it off with a cp. By the way this is my first post but been a fallower of androind since the first day the G1 came out, I come from Xda tho so I am still somewhat of a noob and somewhat not lol.
  3. kahale

kahale Well-Known Member

Nope this doesn't work. It just resets the phon as a soft reset. It does not hard reset. Only way to hard reset is through os or reflahing the stock os with odin.
  4. raiderep

raiderep Member

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think this only turns the phone on from this menu as opposed to shutting down and powering back on. I say this because I have done it several times and haven't lost any data at all.
  5. This will not correct a brick/boot loop..
    Like previously stated there is no stock OS reset built into the current cj05 build.. CL14 apperently has a recovery partition but there are bigger problems with cl14 right now..
  6. justlovejoy

justlovejoy Well-Known Member

Great? I need hard reset! Pm me pls if u know how to do it....
    Thanks!
  7. SUTHERNGOTHiKKA

SUTHERNGOTHiKKA New Member

1) Power down phone & remove battery
    2) Insert battery w/o powering phone back on
    3) Simultaniously press the volume down button, green call button & red end button - hold all 3 down until SAMSUNG appears on screen and appears to be turning on
    4) A menu w/ options will appear, choose the bottom option (master reset device) - phone will erase all codes and programming (could take a minute, will show codes on screen being erased in yellow)
    5) When all is reset, will return to previous menu - choose 1st option to reboot the device
    6) Phone will reboot and power on

:)
  8. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

^the above mentioned method is the one i had heard of, not menu button, but volume down like sutherngothikka mentioned, do that if you need it^
  9. godsdragon

godsdragon VIP Member VIP Member

Ok I have all my data and apps backed up to my SD card (I think that is what it is called).
    QUESTION... If I reset my phone do I have to take the card before I take the procedure or can I live it in?
  10. justlovejoy

justlovejoy Well-Known Member

I doubt your card even gets a scratch!
  11. njbianco

njbianco Well-Known Member

This just resets your phone
  12. duratime

duratime Well-Known Member

Does doing a reset, hard or soft, require the phone to be reprogrammed to acept calls like they do when you get a new phone? Also what is the difference between the hard reset and the one that is in the settings? Thanks.
  13. godsdragon

You doubt? Does that mean definitelly does not affect it or you are not sure?:confused:

NM I took the card out just in case...
  14. godsdragon

I have back up pro...I backed up apps and data to it. Any ideas as to how to recover data and apps without messing with the phone default settings and apps?
  15. godsdragon

FYI I had to redo also the update that came out yesterday...
  16. woldy2

woldy2 Active Member

what update are you talking about?
  17. godsdragon

18. lilfella

lilfella New Member

Any reason why you don't just use a code reset? Pretty standard for all Samsung phones, I think.

Get the phone keypad up and enter the following *2767*3855#

MAKE SURE YOU"VE BACKED UP AND SYNCED FIRST. This is a hard reset back to factory defaults.
    egkor likes this.
  19. Radracer

Radracer New Member

To reset your phone the out the battery don't power up phone!
    Reinstall battery and do as so
    Push and hole these keys talk key Green first with that key depressed, Push down on the Red key Power & the Volume key down all at the same time and you will get in to the boot mode move the cursor down with the menu key to remove all data then it will reboot and reset your phone to factory spec. To get your Address book back log on to Gmail. [​IMG]
    msurritte likes this.
  20. True Blue

True Blue Member

Does this fix a bad flash? I flashed my phone and it sucks and is basically useless half the time. Does this bring it back to the way it was before??
  21. msurritte

msurritte New Member

I don't know if anyone cares anymore since this is an old thread but this is the ONLY thing that worked for me. I've looked up, I don't know how many sites, just to get my phone to work again. Thank you for finally getting my phone back to working! SO EXCITED to have my phone back!:D
  22. newdivide18

newdivide18 Member

worked for me too, thanks!