Here is the Offical list of changes from the update from sprint......

1. kkwus74

kkwus74 Well-Known Member

Advertisement
    :
    ed33433 likes this.
  2. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

Nice.

But, what do we do about the 3rd party widgets being disabled? Has anyone found a way to recover these without reapplying every single on?
  3. misterzeno

misterzeno Well-Known Member

I just added them back
    marctronixx likes this.
  4. kkwus74

kkwus74 Well-Known Member

i think you would just have to re-add them......thats what i did.........
    marctronixx likes this.
  5. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

doesn't this remove the ability to do stock Android?
    and disables the shootme app? can anyone confirm please?
  6. Brent Pierce

Brent Pierce Well-Known Member

Yes, it disables shootme. I hope shootme will have an update soon to work with this.
    And I'm just re-adding the widgets, "more icons" widgets takes FOREVER to customize.
  7. mrvirginia

mrvirginia Well-Known Member

thanks
    what about disabling Sense UI and just doing stock Android? are you still able to?
  8. JunBringer

JunBringer Well-Known Member

I don't mind re-doing my More Icons widgets as long as the wifi works better. I'll take an improvement on battery life too, even though mine hasn't been a problem.
  9. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

Honestly I never had an "issue" with Wifi, and I've had some issues... Still on my first EVO with my screen starting to come apart... (waiting for my replacement still since the 7th)

Anyway, the new update actually makes me reach two bars... Still, I don't notice a "difference" cause it just always worked...

Wonder if there are actually "improvements" afterall... With better signal we should see better life as the radio should work less hard *thinking face*
  10. TheBlackPrince

TheBlackPrince Well-Known Member

Remove the ability to disable sense and just use the stock android launcher. lame.
  11. they did fix the grounding issue.
    KAuss likes this.
  12. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

By george, that is fixed also MUHAHAHAHAHAH

Tested it on my tempurpedic pillow FTW...
  13. R1_Rydah

R1_Rydah Well-Known Member

Its good to see sprint & htc giving the supersonic such good support... I'm gonna skip this update since my evo is running like a champ (if its not broke dont fix it)... If its not a added feature, or security patch, I'm not updating...
  14. tmaxey1

tmaxey1 Well-Known Member

Your 'Tempurpedic pillow"? WTF?
    Its good to see the elderly generation embracing the power of the EVO these days. Do your friends down at the senior center also enjoy tech as much as you do?

I'm just messing with you:)
  15. KAuss

KAuss Well-Known Member

That's as big as a block of foam as you can find :D

Well, next to the mattress that is LOL...

They worked on both surfaces btw hehehe...

Tempurpedic FTW :D
  16. nzo

nzo Member

They forgot to say they took out the android wallpapers.
  17. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

Indeed very lame. I dont understand the purpose of that. Wishing i would have skipped this update now. oh well.
  18. AsItLies

AsItLies Well-Known Member

Well there's one big difference for me... say out of 15 times, testing 4g, on my first evo (pre ordered hdw 003), the best I got with 4g, where I live, was 4.5 mbps.

But that was only 2 out of 15 times. All the others it was worse then 3g!

Just tested the new(er) evo, with the update, and just got 5.99 mbps! but only .8 up. I'm betting the update made that difference.

Not exactly empirical testing but... Really liking the replacement Evo, has the epson screen which does seem sharper. It's a great phone.