Here they go again...General

1. hbryder

hbryder Well-Known Member

Looks like apple is going try to add the s3, the note and one other to the ban list. So frustrating
    :mad:

Advertisement
  2. berryracer

berryracer Well-Known Member

so if they do add them to the ban list. What happens to users who already own them?

Does that mean that the devices cant be sold anymore or will users who own them also get affected?
  3. scooter1942

scooter1942 Well-Known Member

what, you think theyd be satisfied?

no, current users wont be affected (as long as you dont take anymore OTA's if they side with crapple yet again...) but imports will be banned.
  4. berryracer

berryracer Well-Known Member

huh?? can you talk english please? I didn't understand a word u said.
    don't take any more OTAs? I don't get it
  5. TheBundo

TheBundo Active Member

You will have 14 days to make a pilgrimage to the Apple Temple in Cupertino, in sack-cloth and ashes, wailing and beating your breasts, on foot for the last 100 miles. If you fail to do so, you will be shackled and taken to nearby Alcatraz, where you will be thrown into a dungeon with the vilest of all criminals, the folks who have torn the tags off of their mattresses.
    Ken7 likes this.
  6. hbryder

We wont find out anything until Dec 6th. The patent that bothers me the most is the shape. I cant believe anyone would even grant that. There is so much more to this phone than pinch to zoom and local search. Maybe when apple comes out with their tv all the other manufactures will say sorry cant make it rectangular... Or we'll sue
  7. hbryder

It means "over the air" as updates
    scooter1942 likes this.
  8. EarlyMon

EarlyMon The PearlyMon Moderator

Apple won a look and feel lawsuit before against Samsung. Major embargo ensued.

It was later tossed out.

As it says on the cover of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy, in glowing letters in a large, very friendly font -

Don't Panic

;)
    jerofld and Hadron like this.
  9. TheBundo

TheBundo Active Member

The steering wheels, gas and brake pedals, and gear shifts on our cars are going to be next. Yugo has all those patents
  10. bearballz

bearballz Well-Known Member

"The point is, ladies and gentleman, that greed -- for lack of a better word -- is good. Greed is right. Greed works. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all of its forms -- greed for life, for money, for love, knowledge has marked the upward surge of mankind."​

-Gordon Gekko from the movie Wall Street.​

Sadly, Apple has taken this mantra to heart.
  11. Hogan773

Hogan773 Well-Known Member

Yes, we can all see that poor Apple, the underdog, has been irreparably harmed here. I mean if Samsung hadn't ripped them off (Apple's words, not mine) then Apple could have potentially been the most valuable company in the world. But alas.....wait....what's that?.....come again?.....sorry folks.....never mind....they already are the most valuable company in the world.
  12. NovaCove

NovaCove Active Member

Lol
  13. davoid

davoid Well-Known Member

What gets me about these lawsuits is this - why should Apple receive reparation for all the money they've supposedly lost because of the so-called copying? That is just assuming that those people would have bought iPhones otherwise.

There is no way in hell I would have bought an iPhone, so Apple haven't lost anything.
    disc golfin and EarlyMon like this.
  14. DroidUser1

DroidUser1 Well-Known Member

Glad someone made this topic because I'm fuming... :mad: Bottom line Apple wants Samsung gone, they are the only ones closest to competing with them and these weak as patents from 1997 are complete bs. I have a feeling this is in part being supported by Microsoft, they have nothing going on in the phone market and they would love to see their 8bit OS win8 bs on more phones. I sure hope our court system isn't that stupid and this gets past...
  15. sherlock5545

sherlock5545 Well-Known Member

They won in America, so the ban is for the USA, for those who live anywhere else, it doesn't change much.
  16. DroidUser1

DroidUser1 Well-Known Member

And that's a large market lost... You think this is no big deal? I guess we'll all be forced to buy Apple phones with their closed IOS, restricted everything, and we'll all move on eh? :confused: This could destroy the whole Android system in ALL phones and we'll be stuck with microsofts garbage...
  17. Wisenos

Wisenos Well-Known Member

source : Apple hits again
  18. SUroot

SUroot Well-Known Member Developer

Not only that but I can argue that Samsung did lose out. I would never have bought an s2 or note because I thought they looked too much like an iPhone
  19. byrds8

byrds8 Well-Known Member

If Apple was the only electronics manufacturer left in the world. My home would just be free of devices. I would rather go back to no computers, no TV's, no cell phones or anything else if I was forced to buy an Apple product. They are not allowed in my home at all.
    berryracer likes this.
  20. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

21. naX

naX Member

why don't samsung say f you apple all them chips you have in your iphones. go find them somewhere else from now on.
  22. Spaceprobe

Spaceprobe Well-Known Member

For goodness sake surely the powers that be in the US will realise these law suits are damaging technological growth and development. In the long run that can only have a negative effect on the economy. I thought the US was all about free enterprise why is Apple being given so much rope?
    Stormlight likes this.
  23. Rob.G

Rob.G Well-Known Member

Everyone selling their Apple products and convincing others not to buy from them is the reason for all these lawsuits. Apple needs to make money.

Ever hear of the saying "By hook or by crook"

If you won't willing buy their products, they'll take their money from a place they know has money...Samsung.
    berryracer likes this.
  24. scrannel

scrannel Well-Known Member

Unfortunately, a few years back the Supreme court made a huge error by essentially saying you can copyright anything. Before that, the copyright laws were far more sane. It will take the Supreme Court to toss this by restoring that sanity. A bit of a crap-shoot: Thomas and Scalia are true whack-jobs and though they could, like good fiscal conservatives, come out for commerce (thus rule the current copyright enforcements are wrong) they could also get all patriotic and come down for Apple (and their Chinese plants, of course). But generally this conservative court might be just right bunch to sort this.

For instance, under the current copyright laws, Microsoft would never have been able to prevail when Apple took them to court to try to kill Windows.
  25. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

Not going to Happen! If you think this will go that far your crazy. If anything this is all making Samsung very very popular ...

All I gotta say is that I will never buy an Apple pruduct again, Steve Jobs wouldn't condone this behavior ...He'd rage war on Samsung by developing the most kick ass iPhone ever created. However the morons at Apple are going to ruin they're coolness and innovative factor by going after a company that is just bringing better stuff to the market at the moment.