Here you go! One Step Unlock/Root or ReLock/Unroot!

1. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

Wonderful DX dev Wugfresh has developed a program that will install everything you need on your PC to accomplish the ability unlock/root and lock/unroot. It's all automated for you. Just download and press the right buttons. Enjoy!

Link to Wugfresh's post with the download

Advertisement
    :
  2. foo

foo Well-Known Member

So awesome...doesn't get much easier than this [​IMG]
  3. trophynuts

trophynuts Well-Known Member

Steven...you totally ninja'd me lol
  4. Steven58

5. scary alien

scary alien not really so scary Moderator

LOL, me, too! I went to update the root guide and ninja-yoda-Steven had already updated that, too!

AF don't need us anymore, Trophy :p :( ;).
    trophynuts likes this.
  6. GandalfTehGray

GandalfTehGray Well-Known Member

Lol yall keep up the good work on making it easy for me once i get mine :p
  7. Steven58

I don't want you guys to think I'm lazy (which I am) now that I've been a mod for 7 or so months. :p
  8. Mr Marcus

Mr Marcus Well-Known Member

This thing is pretty awesome! Just can't get my root to take....

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here- I am unlocked successfully, but can't capture root. Win7 btw. I've tried probably 10x now....

Here's where I am currently...

Attached image flashes for a quick second (long enough to cap the screen)-- says it can't "stat" 'su.zip': no such file or directory... then it says below that CWM has successfully flashed. On the last screen where it tells me to reboot into recovery mode, which gives me a partial reboot then it soft bricks with the little dead android image on the screen. Various times, same result.

Any input would be welcome...

Oh, and at some point, it tells me that drivers are not installed- but I can't read the full error because it flashes and disappears.... but this is right before it tells me I'm rooted and can't get that 'su.zip'.

Ug, plz help- Rooted several devices now, not sure why this 'easy' root is killing me.

Attached Files:

9. Steven58

Perhaps you have to reboot before the second process? I don't know. I haven't been able to d/l the app yet.
  10. Mr Marcus

The second process starts automatically and immediately after the first- no opp to reboot first- although I've rebooted phone and comp a handful of times each at this point... not sure what to do......
  11. Yeahha

Yeahha Usually off topic VIP Member

If you are unlocked and can't get this to work do you have fastboot set up to work? If so go back to one of the older methods.
  12. Mr Marcus

how do i check specifically for that.... and i thought that was needed for unlocking too? no?
  13. iowabowtech

iowabowtech root@android:/ # Moderator

Well, since its saying cwr is successfully flashed, can you access the bootloader > recovery to verify? If you do have cwr, use it to flash superuser as a zip.
  14. Mr Marcus

Tried, won't give me the option to go into CW. Soemthing's missing someplace, some file of some sort, but it tells me everything is there.. Not sure....
  15. Yeahha

If your phone is in fastboot and hooked up to the CPU in the command prompt where your fastboot file is use the command
    Code (Text):
    1. fastboot devices
    if it shows your phone as connected you should be able to flash CWM in fastboot and then flash su.zip in recovery.
    Mr Marcus likes this.
  16. Steven58

not working for me either. I am trying to re-lock and it just says it's waiting for the device after it boots it into bootloader. hnmmmm.
  17. Mr Marcus

^ Mine did that UNlocking for a while too- it ended up being one of the drivers... I forget the name, but it was the one with 'bootloader' in the title...reinstalled and it went right thru...
  18. Mr Marcus

Ok cool- will try that when I get back home later- - thanks
  19. huskerkate

huskerkate Well-Known Member

i can't get it to dl, either. i've been trying all day, and it just craps out after a partial dl. the server must be getting slammed pretty hard.

p.s. Steven, i hope you are enjoying your GNex!?! :)
  20. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Well-Known Member

I used the new mirror and it dled fairly quick. I installed the sdk and drivers. That part ran just fine. Still scared to hit unlock and root though
  21. huskerkate

huskerkate Well-Known Member

what the....?! i can't figure out what to click to dl the new mirror...?? i'm obviously missing something easy.

EDIT: nevermind - i finally just started clicking all the random dl buttons, and found the right one. man, that site is persistent in its advertising...
  22. Yeahha

Don't be scared ;) It is worth it :D

What bothers you about it? We might be able to help supress those fears :)
  23. *idroid*

*idroid* Well-Known Member

just tried it and the samsung drivers would not install on windows vista
  24. jimmypop13

jimmypop13 Well-Known Member

lol, the fact that two guys above are having issues!
  25. Mr Marcus

I did the above, and it DOES recognize my GN (series of #s followed by 'fastboot').........

I'm sitting here in fastboot mode, my Q is---- how do I flash CWM while in fastboot?