Here's a brand new way to stop Spam Sms message.

1. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Advertisement
  2. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

FYI, a few years ago when I started receiving SPAM Texts, I called Sprint. They gave me two options:
    1. Do nothing and ignore these texts
    2. Disable receiving all numbered (terminology?) Text messages

I was told with option #2, Texts from Emergency Services (EMS) like Weather and Law enforcement, who are trying to incorporate such messages, will not be disabled.

Picked option #2 and since then I have not received such Texts, except from Sprint. Since there has been no emergency in this area I cannot tell about EMS.
  3. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

I guess just like their impeccable choice of devices, they are now listening to what (we) their customers have to say. :)
  4. momentoid

momentoid Well-Known Member

And, did you notice the number of s/w updates for various phones in the last few days. Upgraded Network and improved Customer Service a winning formula for Sprint at this time. ;)
  5. Rush

Rush {<>}~{<>} Guide

Yep! Sure did. Thumbs up for Sprint. [​IMG]
  6. kct1975

kct1975 Well-Known Member

Very cool!

Luckly I have not have had that problem with my EVO, but I did have that problem with my Hero
  7. BudDroid

BudDroid Well-Known Member

Thanks so much. I just deleted one today, not knowing anything else to do. Next time, I'll forward it.
  8. droidusernnj

droidusernnj New Member

You can also text SPAM <MDN> to 9999 and Sprint will investigate the MDN in question and also block SPAM SMS messages from that MDN to your phone. You can text "help" to 9999 to get more info on their SPAM filters.
    argedion, drexappeal, simcha and 3 others like this.
  9. kmarx

kmarx New Member

You can block telephone numbers for text messages and voice calls on sprint.com too. Sprint actually offers great protection against unwanted calls and text messaging
    simcha likes this.
  10. chrlswltrs

chrlswltrs Well-Known Member

Thanks. I use Google Voice, but for those that don't this is great!