Here's hoping the battery door's fixed

1. dwhip25

dwhip25 Well-Known Member

From what I've read, HTC has recognized that the battery door is an issue. Hopefully when I upgrade and get the inspire in March it's fixed. :).

Advertisement
    :
    pinbak likes this.
  2. donalson

donalson Active Member

haha when my wife and I got ours (got the last 2) we watched the guy behind the counter have issues getting the door off to install the battery for every single one of them (another 4 or 5 sold while we where there)... mine seems to be the only one that isn't a complete struggle to get off...

but good news
  3. Yaken

Yaken Well-Known Member

I was that guy behind the counter! Its weird as some pop off fine and some don't. Mine stuck like a mother,,,
  4. dwhip25

Here's hoping they fix it by the time I can upgrade.
  5. Loiselle

Loiselle Well-Known Member

You want it to be that difficult to take off.

Think about it. You shouldn't need to take it off but once. To put the battery in. It's that snug because it's what holds the battery in place. I would hate it if the battery door came off easily.

But that's just me.

6. I agree. Battery door once in will rarely if ever come off. Snug fit is desired
  7. Ferrari353

Ferrari353 Well-Known Member

If they fix this, will I be able to get the new battery door with a current Inspire? Because I don't want to wait a month or two just for the battery door to be fixed....So if I buy it now, can it be upgraded to the better door later? Or no?
  8. donalson

donalson Active Member

I think the thought of it being easier to get on/off (yet secure) is for those that carry a spare battery
  9. dwhip25

I agree that it's good that the door will stay in place and that it doesn't have to be removed often, but it still bothers me a bit that I will run the risk of scratching this beautiful creature just to put the battery in or change it.

It's like buying a new car and the salesman says, "the door is really hard to open with the key (finally gets door open, but scratches paint near the handle) but once you are inside you can be certain it won't open while you're driving." I would be happy the door stays closed while I'm driving, but every day that scratch is going to bug me. It's a stretch of a metaphor, but that's how I feel. Also, I can't get the phone for another month and I am having a hard time hiding my jealousy. Just grabbing at straws to make the next month bearable. : )
  10. Blanco720

Blanco720 Well-Known Member

If they fix it, will you remove your battery often? And when you remove it, what are you going to do with it? Should I be cleaning my battery, or the battery compartment? I don't get why its even a mention. Its like saying, the hood of my car is difficult to open. Doesn't really mean anything to me 99.9999999999999999999999999 % of the time.
  11. dwhip25

Maybe I didn't make myself clear. I am less concerned about opening the battery door than I am about scratching the case when I do. I'm okay with my OCD... really. Just want it to be perfect.
  12. Blanco720

Nah man, you wont scratch the case unless you use something sharp to get it open. I used a fingernail, no big deal.
  13. aimfire72

aimfire72 Active Member

I dunno if I was lucky, but I had no problem getting mine off using my thumbnail... took about 5 seconds. I actually found it more difficult to get back on, didn't wanna break it, lol.
  14. Jogi

Jogi Well-Known Member

I agree with you. I found it pretty easy to get the battery cover off. I did not use the notch, I just wedged my finger nail under the corner and it popped right off. It did take me a few minutes to get it back on though.
  15. pinbak

pinbak Well-Known Member

Mine was easy to get off and back on! And I'm sure HTC is not sitting around right now thinking about the battery door. And you definitely know ATT isn't thinking about it.
  16. gtalum

gtalum Well-Known Member

Mine wasn't hard to remove. It did take 45 minutes to get the phone and get out the door, mostly because the guy wasn't familiar at all with the phone. i was the first one at my local store to get one, and I was actually showing him some things about the phone. :)
  17. Blanco720

I just had an epiphany...

The only thing we have to gripe about is the battery door....

ROFL
  18. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Well-Known Member

I got mine off in about 3 seconds. Haven't been able to do it again since. Lol.
  19. YouGotRedOnYou

YouGotRedOnYou Well-Known Member

That is a great thing!
  20. Ferrari353

Ferrari353 Well-Known Member

nah, I'm not a big fan of the volume rocker. It bugs me...It's too long and flat, and there's not enough feedback when you press it. Unless I'm looking at the screen, I wouldn't know if the volume is actually changing.

And back to the battery door, it doesn't have to be so loose that it falls off on it's own, but it should be easy enough to get off that you are able to whenever you need to. Some people may need to switch out batterries, others won't. But everyone opens it some time or another, and it only takes one try at opening it to scratch it.
    And I guess if it gets scratched, you could probably buy a new battery door somewhere...haha
  21. jin1212

jin1212 Member

Just be thankful you are not trying to replace the battery on an iphone..
  22. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

ok so i just got my phone in the mail and for the life of me cannot open the battery door. i dont have long nails and im afraid to use anything to wedge in there for fear of scratching the phone.

If I manage to get my lil itty bitty nail under it how durable is the door if i pull up real hard. lord forbid i break the door

eh
  23. Kopsis

Kopsis Well-Known Member

Get your thumbnail between the volume rocker and the battery door and pull (not pry) straight back until it pops loose. You may need to use a surprising amount of force. The cover may go flying across the room when it lets go, but it won't break :)
  24. 2manyPHONES

2manyPHONES Well-Known Member

ok so i just couldnt get my battery door off, good thing there is an AT&T store right around the corner. and when i walked in and told the guy why i was there he wasnt surprised said he had a hard time with 4 inspires today getting the door off.

guess mine proved to be more difficult as he couldnt remove and had to ask a coworker for help. it took one to hold the phone and the other pop it off with his finger nail. and the look on his face as he did it was priceless i thought he broke his finger.
  25. ZXMustang

ZXMustang Well-Known Member

Pry from the middle of the door right under the middle of the volume controls. I will pop off with little to no effort. The guy at my local ATT store showed me this when I brought my brandnew inspire in there because I couldnt get into it to put the battery in. No fuss, and no damage. However, they had to learn the hard way on their display model. It was marred and mangled really bad. I would flip if they did that to mine.