Here's how I fixed the 'Failed to Authenticate' problem with the Droid and ExchangeSupport


  1. michael5000

    michael5000 New Member

    My wife's Droid was working fine for a bit, then started to force close when opening work emails. After the 2.0.1 update she could view her inbox but was not able to open any email.

    We tried deleting the email account, but then we were not able to set the account back up. We were getting the 'Failed to Authenticate' error that everyone else was recieving. I tried clearing the email cache (Settings > Applications > Settings Menu > Filter > Running > Email, clear cache button) and also tinkering with checking SSL and Accept all certificates, but nothing worked.

    Here's what worked for me:

    Cleared the cache for the email app AND the corporate calendar app. Also deleted the corporate contacts app.

    Restarted the phone.

    Connected the phone to the company VPN. (Don't know if this is important)

    Set up the email account, used SSL and checked 'accept all certificates'.

    Was able to open emails, folders and view corporate calendar appointments.

    Restarted the phone, was able to check email and calendar without connecting to the VPN. The VPN part may have been a fluke, I think the key is to clear the cache for the email app and the calendar app.

    Hope this helps.

    Cheers

    Advertisement

Share This Page