Here's What I Want In A Phone -- Any Suggestions?

1. PsychDoc

PsychDoc Well-Known Member

Front facing speakers (or at least on the sides or bottom...but NOT on the back) with good volume
    5" 1080p screen
    White have to look white -- the yellowish whites on my former Gnex drove me crazy
    Decent battery life (enough to get me through 8-10 hours of moderate use)
    Minimal manufacturer UI overlay over stock android (none would be better but I don't root)
    Premium build quality -- cheap looking plastic just doesn't do it for me
    Great screen brightness -- this was the deal breaker for the GS3 and looks to be little improved in the GS4
    Not concerned about storage over 16 gigs asi I don't store full length movies on my phones

HTC One is almost a winner but for the 4.8" screen.

Maybe the Moto X phone.

Any thoughts? ​

[​IMG]

Advertisement
  2. Frisco

Frisco =Luceat Lux Vestra= VIP Member

Hello PsychDoc.

My thoughts are that you should head to your carrier's store and handle several devices there, for a long time. Long enough to fall in like with the one that seems to out shine the rest.

That's the way I do it. I recall going through the iPhone area real fast.. real pretty, well built crap next to nearly all of the Android devices.

Front speakers should be easy to spot.. but some devices are carrier bound, not all but some, so you may have to make a compromise here or there.

Btw, you have an Android Central gif image trying to load in your posting text field.
  3. ouch1976

ouch1976 Well-Known Member

Looks like the ONE is the closest one available right now for you. And you're really not going to notice .2" in extra display. At least I didn't when using a DNA for a while in lieu of my S3.
  4. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

HTC One looks to be your phone.
  5. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

I'd have to say the One X is it, too. Other than the slightly smaller screen, nothing else really meets the bulk of your requirements. Personally, I've never been a fan of Motorola's interface. There must be a reason they call it "blur". ;)
  6. Mostly Harmless

Mostly Harmless Well-Known Member Contributor

Lun, the One X is HTC's 2012 flagship phone, did you mean the HTC One?
  7. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

Yes I did ... time for more coffee. ;)