Heres what you can do when you switch from lg optimus mTips

1. Mega Optimus

Mega Optimus Well-Known Member

Well, I switched my optimus m for the motion 4g, which is an incredible fun. yet i am so attached to my optimus m i had to find a reason to still use it. this has probably been posted somewhere before so i take no credit. Here is something you can do when you swtich phones.

Basically this will let you turn your unconnected phone into a working house phone as long as you have wifi.
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1481174

read the directions, i will point out its much easier to use groove ip lite from the app market. You can also use your phone to set it up as a wireless camera so you still get use out of it. I like this because you still use your phone as backup to ring yourself when you lose your phone or if you just want to relive the optimus experience.

if your going to switch i would highly reccomend the motion 4g, its freaking awesome and scores higher than my friends galaxy s3 on quadrant standard.

Oh and i just want to thank the members for helping so much, it was fun learning to root and all that other stuff.

Advertisement
    :
  2. nailzer

nailzer Well-Known Member

I finished doing this today. My Optimus has been gathering dust for about a year since I bought my Esteem. It took a bit to figure why I wasn't logged on to Google Voice but I finally figured it out. I called my mom, she lives about 50 miles from me, and the call quality was as good as metro or better.
  3. Mega Optimus

yeah I'm actually using my optimus more at home than I use my motion 4g
  4. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

Why? o_O
  5. MyUsernameRox

MyUsernameRox Well-Known Member

So this may sound incredibly naive but if a phone is disconnected or has a bad esn, how are you going to get wifi and connect to Google play, etc.?
  6. MyUsernameRox

I'll answer my own question-you won't. Or at least, I can't.

My phone will not connect to wifi, at all. I turn on wifi and it will say logging into ATT wifi, but login fails every time.
  7. sammyz

sammyz LG Whiz Kid Guide

So fix your meid already :rolleyes:
  8. MyUsernameRox

I don't have the knowledge to do so, and the person I had work on it for me was unable to fix it. =(
  9. Mega Optimus

i just miss the optimus m, and i just keep the motion charging, for internet stuff i just use the computer while at home,
  10. Mega Optimus

i dont know what exactly esn is but if its disconnected wifi will still work
  11. martyn357

martyn357 Well-Known Member

Been to McDonalds lately?
  12. MyUsernameRox

I'm not sure I get your meaning. I do know they have ATT WiFi, the same as Starbucks.
  13. martyn357

martyn357 Well-Known Member

exactly, tell it to forget that wifi and do a search for local wifi where you are. It will keep failing to connect unless you are at Starbucks or McDonalds
  14. Mega Optimus

for this to work all you need to have is a wifi connection, and your phone should be able to connect to wifi regardless if its activated or not
  15. MyUsernameRox

Did this recently, on more than one trip to Starbucks I've attempted to connect to their (ATT) wifi with no success. It keeps saying "logging into attwifi" then a few seconds later login fails.