Hero $329.99 off contract price.

Last Updated:

1. slbailey1

slbailey1 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

How will the off contract price of $329.99 affect my out-the-door price of the Hero from Best Buy? I'm eligible for $150 savings. Will I be able to get the phone for $79.99 - 329.99 - 150.00 (savings) - 100 (MIR)?

Here's the link to the story.
    Blog Archive Sprint HTC Hero to be $329.99 off-contract!

Advertisement
  2. Bernal

Bernal Well-Known Member

This isn't news really. It's pretty easy to infer from this taken from the spring hero webpage, " $429.99 - $150.00 (two-year activation) - $100.00 (mail-in rebate) = $179.99 (final price)". That without a contract the price would be, " $429.99 - $100.00 (mail-in rebate) = $329.99 (final price)".

3. twospirits

twospirits AF's janitor Moderator

So if one gets it at no contract price, can they do a EIN swap onto an existing line. Even one to (dare I say it) SERO.

TS

4. nekon

nekon New Member

They've already said they will not allow the HERO on SERO plans.

5. Bernal

Bernal Well-Known Member

Most of the fine print I've been able to find so far says that to "activate" a Hero you must have an "Everything plan with data" which translates to an "Everything Data" or a "Simply Everything" plan. The key word being used is "activate".

6. ChrisPlague

ChrisPlague Well-Known Member

yes if you buy it at full retail price you can put it on any sprint number you want ( as long as youre authorized of course)

7. Richw350

Richw350 Active Member

So what is the off contract price at Best Buy? Thier site lists the price at $599. Should it not be $329 (after they give you the $100 MIR instantly)?

Also, I have a SERO plan. If I buy this off contract, will I be able to add it to my account?

8. hiero4life

hiero4life New Member

Best Buy always list their non upgrade phones higher then any other store, their price is their price. If the hero is not sero compatible then it doesn't matter how much you pay for a hero you can't put it on your sero line.

9. Richw350

Richw350 Active Member

Any of you sprint guys seen the MIR for the Hero? There seems to be some question on whether off contract purchase of the phone is available for this rebate. I have been getting multiple answers. Just wondering if anyone has actually seen the rebate form and the requirements for the $100 MIR.

10. ChrisPlague

you dont get the MIR when you buy it full retail price

11. TattierPub

TattierPub Well-Known Member

Let's make this easy. Go over to Sprint.com, select any phone that has a MIR, notice the blue text? Now look down just a little bit to eligibility requirement, notice the blue text? Ok click on that, now read the requirements.

In order to get the $100 MIR or the other rebates you must sign a new 2 year agreement or you'll be paying $429. It really is that simple. If you don't believe all the answers you're getting on the forums, call Sprint directly and speak with them *2 from your phone works well when you have questions.

12. ChrisPlague

i am a seasoned sprint rep this question has been asked to me multiple times on all different kinds of phones and yet the answer is still the same

13. TattierPub

TattierPub Well-Known Member

Chris they just want to keep asking the question until they get the answer they want.

14. ChrisPlague

yeah thats what i fiqured considering this question has been asked on like 3 different threads

15. Richw350

Richw350 Active Member

First of all, there is alot of information going around this forum, along with other sites stating the off contract price of $329. I simply am trying to find the correct answer. I have spoken with sprint and they give me more than one answer.

It is not a matter of asking until "I get an answer I want". I am simply trying to wade through all the mis-information and find the truth, so that I know what I am getting into.

Thank You.

16. ChrisPlague

i understand that there are websites stating that but sprint.com is stating that you can not.

honestly who do you think would know more about it sprint.com or sites that previously said that verizon was passing on the palm pre but two days later said they were interested in the palm pre?

17. Richw350

Richw350 Active Member

Please re-read my post. Even Sprint themselves were giving me more than one answer.

18. ChrisPlague

I did read your post but I said sprint.com not sprint customer care reps if you want to be technical about it

19. alankeny

alankeny New Member

I bought a Palm Pre on a new Sprint contract two months ago. Can I re-up my two year contract this month to get the $100 MIR? I'm guessing not, but I thought I'd ask.

20. Edaze55

Edaze55 Well-Known Member

You wouldnt be eligible at this time for the contract renewal.

21. ChrisPlague

If you bought It just two months ago then unfortunately the answer would be no :/

22. americonium

americonium Well-Known Member

Why not just get a second line and add the Hero to it? Too much money? No? I don't know. Maybe you could go on Craig's list and see if anyone want's to take over your contract for a premium. Just throwin' ideas out there for ya.

23. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

Anyone know if i can do that? Can i add a line to my account and then swap the #'s?? It seems like it should be possible, either way i have a new line of service up and running.

24. ChrisPlague

its possible

25. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member