• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero (and Moment) getting software updates, from Sprint themselves

dcdttu

Oct 15, 2009
Well I'm hoping they provide a maintenance release to fix known issues while we wait for 2.0

I am with you on this one. Some of the bugs are not good press for the Sprint Hero and they reduce the value of the service to paid users because of the problems they cause. They should not delay on getting some fixes out for these major issues. Again, it is not good press.

And your best advertising is a pleased customer. And the opposite is true.

:rolleyes:

Upvote 0
"No tethering for phones that require Everything plans (such as all smartphones) from here on out."

What does this part mean exactly?
I thought our Heros didn't have tethering anyway.

In the Hero's Settings, there is something about tethering, but I can't get to it because it says to plug it into my computer first, which I haven't. Also, on HTC's support site, the only app they have for the Hero on Sprint is a PC application that allows for app downloading, and tethering.

Upvote 0
I am with you on this one. Some of the bugs are not good press for the Sprint Hero and they reduce the value of the service to paid users because of the problems they cause. They should not delay on getting some fixes out for these major issues. Again, it is not good press.

And your best advertising is a pleased customer. And the opposite is true.

:rolleyes:

From what I can understand, they are working on a patch as well as a 2.0 release. All of the bugs that Sense or the CDMA Hero has would need to be ironed out either way. And given that the Eris is going to launch on Verizon in 2 days, surely HTC has fixes for the Sprint Hero, otherwise good luck with the Eris, Verizon!

Upvote 0
If Sprint doesn't confirm and give solid estimate of when the update to 2.0 will be completed then I might move to verizon and the droid.

So you are willing to pay more for a Verizon plan just to get 2.0? I really don't understand people. We all switch our phones each year anyway so next Christmas there will be something better. And Sprint plans are much cheaper especially if you did the 25% off your bill deal slickdeals.net posted. My bill is only 52 a month for free mobile and unlimited data plus I tether with pdanet when needed. My buddy pays twice that on his iPhone and from what i read Verizon is going to be around 90 and up.

Upvote 0
Actually, I keep my phones for at least 2 years. My last smartphone, I had it for almost 3 years. I know.. the Hero is way better than anything 3 years old, but my fear is that Sprint never fixes the critical bugs in the hero. Yes, there are workarounds, but I have less and less time to monitor my phone. I want it to work with minimal effort. Of course, I'm not getting the droid on release day (this friday). I'm going to wait at least a couple of weeks and look at the forums to see how many bugs it has.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones