Hero and my Mac

Last Updated:

1. tarheelalum

tarheelalum Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hello I'm new here. I've had my hero for about a month now and overall I like it but it is kind of slow and it freezes up fairly often. (once or twice per week) I want to root the phone but I'm wondering if I will be able to do it with my Macbook. When I first got the Hero I could not transfer my music from my mac directly to my hero. I still cannot even with a couple of software programs I got off of the net. Android apparently hates macs. :( So I'm wondering if I can root my phone with a mac? I'm not a technical person when it comes to computer stuff or even mechanical stuff in general. I cannot even figure out how to get the back cover off of the phone to put some music on the sd card. :eek:
    Any tips for my issues?

Advertisement
  2. cooolone2

cooolone2 Well-Known Member

hahaha, well, trying not to be partial, but based on recent events I would say it's quite the opposite, lolz...

Real the booklet that came with the phone first, it will help you get the back cover off and access to the Mem card. Anyway, enjoy!

:cool:

3. mbell75

mbell75 Banned

I have a Mac as well and both SyncMate and Double Twist work great :)

4. mich0020

mich0020 Well-Known Member

I used my mac to root using the steps/video from the unlockr.com. Pretty easy.

5. boomhower

boomhower Well-Known Member

It's not as easy as windows but can be done, I would also use the unlockr versoin for mac. Once you get it rooted all your flashing can be done easily from the memory card.

6. Maipuwebo

Maipuwebo Member

You say you aren't technical. I wouldn't root with your mac because if you determine you don't really need to be rooted/rom'd, you won't be able to flash back to stock.

If you want to get stuff to your sd card, just plug your phone into the usb cable on the macbook and mount the sd card. Then you can transfer files directly to the mounted volume.