HeRO and Ringtones

Last Updated:

1. ydoubleun

ydoubleun Member This Topic's Starter

hello Geeks
    Is there any way to set my fav ringtones to Alarms, ringtones and notifications?
    i can't copy my songs to root of HTC like /system/audio/.....
    i made a folder structure in /sdcard/media/audio/alarms ,notifications, ringtones.
    and it didn't work. neither /sdcard/alarms, notifications, ringtones does...
    any idea??
    thanks in advance
    ydoubleun

Advertisement
  2. jo12jt1

jo12jt1 Active Member

what i did was formatt my memory card, then installed ringdroid, it then in turn creates the folders that you need. I then took off ringdroid

3. G8D

G8D Well-Known Member

Ringdroid?

4. jo12jt1

jo12jt1 Active Member

it sets up the folders for you and all you have to do is pop the tones in your appropriate folder
    ringdroid is a ringtone maker that you will find on the android market on your phone and is free
    once the folders are made i deleted ringdroid as sometimes it gets the tones all garbled

5. Sulten

Sulten Member

the HTC hero comes with a ringtone make already open the song then menu and i believe click on set as ringtone and then the trimmer will come up to trim the song.

6. Carl C

Carl C Well-Known Member

I don't know if this goes for the Hero but on my Magic I simply put them on the card {not in any folder or anything}.

You then download a free app off the market called Rings extended and now you can choose to set one of your MP3's as a ringtone :)

Carl C

7. jo12jt1

jo12jt1 Active Member

I tried all that and found that the only thing that worked was ringdroid, yes you can set almost any ringtone for calls but not for messages

8. makfi78

makfi78 Active Member

You can set it as a notification sound in ringdroid,actually u can set it as any type of sound in Hero,just choose the option ;)
    Cut it,save it,use it i love this app ;)

9. STandroid

STandroid New Member

Sort of related...

I use aContacts as my contacts manager, and I tried to set a custom ringtone for a group - my tones were made by Ringdroid, but aContacts doesn't seem to see them. I see the file structure, but none of the tones I know it contains. :confused:

Can I create tones in different file types with Ringdroid?

Thanks

EDIT 31/10: It appears that aContacts doesn't like m4a (the default file type for Ringdroid) but does like Ogg Vorbis - so a converter on your PC like dbPowerAmp can be used against your mounted USB to convert it to ogg, and aContacts can then see it