Hero 'Back' button position

Last Updated:

1. Gibb

Gibb Member This Topic's Starter

I was trying out the Hero this afternoon, and I noticed that the 'back' button is a bit awkward placed.

It felt like it was hard to reach with my thumb when holding the phone in one hand (the rightside hand). The Magic has the back button closer to the trackball, which is much easier to access.

Anyone else have the same experience? Or am I the only one that uses this button quite often?

Is there a possibility to re-map the hardware buttons?

Advertisement
  2. Merago

Merago Well-Known Member

I have to say it's not something I've noticed myself, but the complaint is definitely a common one. I've seen quite a few reviews bemoaning the location of the back button and I know of at least 5 or 6 other occasions I've heard users mention it too. I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it's not possible to remap the keys at the moment.

3. jimeller

jimeller Well-Known Member

I suppose it depends on which hand you hold the phone in. I use my left hand so its not so hard to reach, but I agree it should be closer to the trackball. Maybe in the home position...

4. hoppy1986

hoppy1986 Well-Known Member

maybe one day we can assign the buttons differently

5. chaz_uk

chaz_uk Well-Known Member

Being a lefty I find the Hero's layout perfect for me but I can see how it is uncomfortable for right handed use.

As for the button remapping, I haven't a clue sadly. :(