hero bricked??!!

Last Updated:

1. Xtinction

Xtinction New Member This Topic's Starter

K, Hero wont turn on period. Im pretty sure it was my fault because i didnt fully read around before doing what i found out was bad. I already had it rooted and was running damagecontrols rom. Found another one i liked and stupidly loaded an SPL file through the boot menu, right after i rebooted and nothing. wont turn on, wont let me hard reset, go into the boot menu nothing. If i pull the battery and put it back in the orange charge light comes on but as soon as i hit the power button it goes off. The phone was practically charged beforehand so i know the battery isnt dead. If i didnt brick it please let me know what to do......i think i did. My next question is can I pull it off with sprint to get a new phone? I already called it in and told them i had it hooked to my computer and was transfering a file when it died, the guy was confused but told me to go to a sprint service center and if they determine it wasnt my fault i can get a new phone for free. Ive already erased the sd card. Will i be able to pull this off or are they going to discover my secret LOL

Thanks

X

Advertisement
  2. DFRESH

DFRESH Well-Known Member

have you tried going back to 1.5 using the RUU's???

3. Xtinction

How do i do that if i cant even get it to load period

4. hood420

hood420 Well-Known Member

Try following the unrooting instructions. If that doesn't work just return it and play dumb, say it just stopped working.

5. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

will it work.. maybe.. will they know it was rooted.. doubt it.. is it morally right to lie to them and try and get a replacement from THEM for something YOU did.. well... I guess that really depends on you..

since you bricked it and it won't turn on.. you have 2 choices..
    1. LIE and try to get a new one
    2. Man up and buy a replacement off of eBay (or pay retail)

6. msierra519

msierra519 Well-Known Member

in a situation like this i rather not man up and lie lmao..

are you sure its fully charged? have you tried leaving it on the charger for like 15 minutes then trying? the same thing happened to me when i was flashing the rom and my battery died and i thought i had bricked mine too...

7. Xtinction

Im gonna go with the "play dumb and lie" scheme. Its fully charged, i left it plugged in all night and it still wont respond to anything. Im just hoping the shop I go to will hook me up there instead of having to wait for it to come through the mail but we'll see. Bringing it in later so Ill let you know what happens

8. mysticmead

mysticmead Well-Known Member

hope you get back to a working phone.. but please don't tell us how you pulled one over on Sprint... we all end up paying for it in the end....