Hero browser and sleepSupport

Last Updated:

1. tigreseis

tigreseis New Member This Topic's Starter

Okay i have recently started to have this issues. My hero is fully updated. I will put my phone to sleep from the home screen, but later when i wake it up to do something the browser is launched. I have reset the phone, but am still getting the problem. Something is launching the browser while the phone is asleep.

Advertisement
  2. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

This happens to me once in a while too. It is pretty rare though.

I think for whatever reason the browser is already in memory and it is brought to the foreground when you wake up your Sprint HTC Hero for some reason. It is probably some random glitch with the browser that only happens on occasion.

3. treborcj

treborcj Well-Known Member

Try restarting the phone and see what happens.

4. tigreseis

That was the first obvious thing I did. Thanks though. I rebooted, tried a battery removal, then I went on and did a factory reset, but I was still getting the browser when I woke the phone up.

I have since updated the profile and prl. I haven't had the issue again (yet). I was hoping it would also clear up a recent problem I have started having. Every time I reboot, I have to manually turn the mobile network off and then back on again to get access.

5. LBPHeretic

I have been having that issue intermittently too lately. It is not a big issue as I just press the HTC mobile data widget on my home screen, but it did not use to have that issue a month or two ago.

I have also noticed lately that my Sprint HTC Hero likes to drop into 1X mode more often. I am not really sure what changed to cause that phenomenon.

6. Thefoodman52

Thefoodman52 Well-Known Member

I know another major issue with the Hero... any browser except for opera mini will NOT load https websites... makes it almost useless.

7. andygu3

andygu3 Well-Known Member

I don't use anything other than the stock browser and not once have I had an issue

8. johnnaryry

johnnaryry Member

Instead of connecting via true SSL, Opera's proxy servers decrypt secure pages, then re-encrypt them, breaking end-to-end security. Opera becomes the man-in-the-middle. For that reason, I won't use Opera Mini for anything that uses a password...

--ryan

9. tigreseis

Now the browser issue is back. I think if I have a second browser on the phone without selecting one as default, it will not automatically pop up.

10. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

I have not experienced this issue at all, and I ONLY use the stock browser. I am able to get to all of my banking and credit card websites without issue.

11. LBPHeretic

I have not experienced the HTTPS problem either with the stock Internet browser. I do agree with johnnaryry about using Opera Mini with passworded accounts.

The same sentiment, for me, goes for the Skyfire browser. I do not like a middle man being able to potentially store my passwords or sensitive information.

johnnaryry likes this.