Hero buggy since 2.1 update

Last Updated:

1. elektrobix

elektrobix Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I've noticed since the update a couple of bugs with my Hero. First one is it sometimes selects things by itself. For example if i'm viewing facebook app or Newsroom app sometimes links will start highlighting themselves. It's done this a few times. The other bug is randomly the keyboard stops working!?

Has anyone else noticed these problems?

Advertisement
  2. elektrobix

Add to the list it sometimes completely ignores what i have as a ringtone and uses a different one, sometimes the screen becomes unresponsive when i try to call someone - i ended up having to reboot the phone just so i could make a call. Halfway through the call the phone hung up and the screen started flipping itself to the right.

If no-one else is having these issues then I'm guessing something became seriously screwed when it updated!?

3. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

You should try to do a factory reset. And dont worry there is much wrong with this update. We got screwed :) Btw if you could make a screenshot or a list of all services/proceses even hidden ones which are running and then the factory reset.

4. elektrobix

Did a factory reset and it's still acting up. Now when someone rings as i pick up the phone the ringer turns itself down to almost silent. It does it every single time. How bizarre!? It's unusable as it is :/

5. nedamdam

nedamdam Well-Known Member

Settings > Sound and Display > Quiet ring on pickup

About the others write to HTC :)

elektrobix likes this.
  6. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

It might be worth resintalling 2.1, in case the 2.1 download was corrupt. It seems unlikely, but short of sending your phone for repairs that's all I can suggest.

You'd have to make a goldcard and install your phone's old 1.5 ROM. (And yeah, this would factory reset it again).

7. elektrobix

Damnit, it worked just fine before the upgrade. I might try a custom ROM, i can't use it how it is. I did a factory reset and tried to restore my data with mybackup and it kept failing.Still unable to make calls and the weather occasionally vanishes.

8. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

If you wanted to try custom roms, VillainROM 12 is awesome. It's how the official release should've been.

[Sent via Taptalk]

elektrobix likes this.
  9. 1ceb0x

1ceb0x Well-Known Member

I recommend you Villain 12 :). Very impressive ROM!

elektrobix likes this.
  10. elektrobix

Well i rolled back to 1.5 and everything seems fine again so i'm going to try that Villain Rom - here goes ... :)

11. elektrobix

Just an update to say i installed the Villain Rom last night and so far *touch wood* everything seems to be running really well! So thanks for the Rom suggestion :)