Hero cannot connect to mobile internet?

Last Updated:

1. Nemmy

Nemmy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi, I wonder if anyone can help..

I have a Hero which works perfectly well.

A friend of mine has just bought one, and cannot connect to the internet using his SIM card at all. He can receive calls fine but for some reason the mobile internet does not work even though his SIM is enabled for it.

His phone does not have Market, but SlideMe, which suggests it is a Malaysian Hero (I think)? I don't know if this is the reason.

I tried my SIM card in his Hero and, again, it will not connect to mobile internet. I checked the settings and under Mobile Network Settings/Access Point Names there is nothing and none of the fields are completed (I never had to set this up on my Hero, it was automatically completed by my SIM Card/Provider once switched on).

Can anyone advise at all? It seems he might have to send the phone back and request a replacement / refund, as it was not sold as a Malaysian handset...

Many thanks!

Nemmy.

Advertisement
  2. MartinS

MartinS Well-Known Member

He will have to set the APN's manually. I had to do this for an unlocked Orange Hero on O2. If it is not a supported handset by the carrier they may not automatically send the settings over.

If he's on O2 here are the APN settings:

O2 Forum :: View topic - No 3G support for HTC HERO??!!!

3. Nemmy

Nemmy Active Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks for the info. He's actually on blau.de in Germany (which is where I am living at the moment), so we will have to find their info if possible...