Hero contacts on Galaxy?Support

Last Updated:

1. mrbrdo

mrbrdo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

Is it possible to get Hero's contacts on the Galaxy? Mostly I'd like to see the sync with Facebook feature that Hero has. I'm assuming this would be similar to copying the HTC keyboard app from Hero?

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. koy

koy Active Member

As far as I know, the "bigger" Hero features require HTC's customised kernel and framework, which aren't easily portable.
    So you'd have to make a proper Hero ROM port for the Galaxy to get the good stuff working.

I'm not sure if this also counts for the contacts though, so please feel free to correct me.

3. mrbrdo

mrbrdo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Why isn't the kernel easily portable? Do the phones not use the same processor architecture? Or is the problem in the drivers?
    Also, why can't the drivers simply be copied from the existing kernel? Are they compiled into the kernel or as kernel modules?
    Thanks

4. koy

koy Active Member

Sorry my sentence somehow has a different meaning than what I intended.

I meant that the Apps themselves aren't easily portable, when the Device is not running the customized kernel.

How easy it is to port the HTC kernel and framework to the galaxy, I don't know. But it's been done for the other two HTCs so I guess it's possible for the Samsung too. You'd just need someone with the knowledge and time to start working on it.