Hero (credo-sprint) vibration loop

1. ottr

ottr New Member

Hi All,

This is my first post... I have a HTC Hero, which I really like, running Cyanogenmod 7 - so yes I rooted it, and have become familiar with ROM management. Before I installed Cyanogenmod 7, my phone started to get into a loop where it would vibrate once and then a second or two later vibrate twice. This would repeat and seem to use almost all memory. In order to get out of this loop, I had to time my shut down (holding the power button down) and quickly tap the shut off button in the pop up screen, and confirm before it started the next vibration cycle. (I learned this the hard way, and spent a lot of time in the ROM management arena, argh) I suspect something is running in the background (not identified by Advance Task Killer) and maybe residing in the (corrupted?) microSD? Once the phone has been shut off and I wait long enough, I can use the phone again... That is until about 15 minutes transpire and the vibration loop starts up again. The long-short is I'm feel it's not the ROM because it showed up after successfully running Cyanogenmod 6 for several months. I will replace the microSD to see if this isolates the problem.
    Has anyone else had this problem? TIA

Advertisement
  2. olbriar

olbriar Moderator Moderator

Hello ottr. I have a different device that is stock so I'm no help at all. I did want to drop in and welcome you to AF.
  3. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

If you are using a task killer, you might be killing something that is causing this odd phenomenon. My advice is to not use a task killers.

Handsets with Android 2.1+ tend to handle memory management just fine without the need of task killers. Another thing I would try is to boot into recovery and then wipe your cache and then go into Advanced and wipe your Dalvik cache.
  4. ottr

ottr New Member

Thanks olbriar for the welcome..
    LBPHeretic, I never used a task killer (ever) before this happened. BTW, I can use my phone, or recover it, for short periods. Not sure why this is happening, but interested in the challenge it presents. Not Task Killer, but not sure what is causing it. So far, if I get stuck (looped, or HBoot Screen), if I remove ucroSD, battery, and then press "power" (with battery removed) I can get to a functional Cyanogen 7 running system. Just not sure what is going on.
  5. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

Alright. I read Advanced Task Killer in your original post and thought you might be using it regularly.

It sounds like an issue with the microSD card or a hardware problem. Did you try wiping the caches that I mentioned in my other post?
    ottr likes this.
  6. ottr

ottr New Member

Yep. Did those too. Thanks.