Hero deleted all phone contacts

Last Updated:

1. albatri

albatri Active Member This Topic's Starter

Just got a text message and noticed that the name didn't show up even though it was from a contact. Odd I thought. Just gone into my contacts and all phone contacts have gone. It's completely empty. If I show Gmail contacts they're still there.

I haven't touched the phone since this morning, when they were definitely all there (I know because I text a load of people and looked them up).

I've got them synced with Outlook at home I think so not a major disaster, but very very random and annoying how they've just disappeared.

Any thoughts anyone????

Advertisement
  2. albatri

albatri Active Member This Topic's Starter

3. hero_101

hero_101 Well-Known Member

Hi I had the same problem,
    http://androidforums.com/htc-hero/30975-phone-contacts-disappeared.html

My solution at the end was to use the HTC email app, and use exchange, then I deleted all the contacts in my outlook and it was trying to delete the gmail contacts, and there was a warning too many deletions so it stopped.

Ultimately I deleted all gmail contacts, outlook contacts, and got rid of all the duplicate shite, and there was this system group contacts, got rid of that.

Now only using MS Exchange and works fine. No wonder when it comes to business use WM still rules with an iron fist, if google don't catch up they will fail.