Hero deletes my whole profile

Last Updated:

1. BigNige

BigNige New Member This Topic's Starter

Sorry if this has been asked, I have searched the forum and couldn't find an answer.

I got a new Hero about a month ago. I was completely in love with it until, last weekend, it basically restored itself to factory settings. All my contacts are gone, all the apps I downloaded had gone, text messages, calendar, the lot. It was as if I had pushed a button and reset the phone. Now, little by little, stuff has come back. I logged back into my google account and I would assume the calendar syncs with the google calendar as all my appointments are back. The Google account also remembered which apps I had and I redownloaded them. However, the contacts and the text messages have never come back. Is this a known issue? Is my phone possibly faulty and needs to be returned? I'm so confused. I do love this phone but I am not putting up with a phone which I cannot rely upon.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

I've never heard of a similar issue so would assume that this was a one-off. If it happens again I'd suggest returning it as faulty under warranty.

3. BigNige

BigNige New Member This Topic's Starter

Thanks Slug.

4. ianr

ianr Well-Known Member

If this was a common occurrence you'd hear about it an awful lot, we're not all using a phone that resets itself regularly and we're all keeping quiet about it, so yes of course you're suffering from an unusual software-induced or hardware-induced problem, the trick now is to figure out what happened and why.

5. kabbie_mcfeely

kabbie_mcfeely Well-Known Member

Have you gone into settings and made sure "SYNC CONTACTS" has been checked ?

Have you checked (with a PC/Mac) that your contacts are still in the google account ?

If you got your calendar and apps back, you should be able to get your contacts back if you sycn and they are still with the account.