Hero Email Sync Problems

Last Updated:

1. nGoldenm

nGoldenm New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi guys.

I'm having some issues with email syncing on my Hero. I like the HTC email app and widget, so I set up the Mail app to sync to my Gmail account via exchange (for the push functionality). Well, it does not work very well and sometimes not at all.

Here's some symptoms:
    - If new emails do somehow make it to my phone, they are marked unread. I read them and they are then marked read. Then after about a minute, the phone syncs again, and they are then marked unread all over again. It's a continuous cycle until...
    - The mail that does make it to my phone is sometimes randomly deleted. I verified this by logging into gmail from my computer and messages that were on my phone are now in the trash folder.
    - Most mail does not even make it to my phone.

It started out working just fine for about 6 hours or so and then the problems began. I've tried deleting the account from the phone and starting fresh. It does the same thing even on a fresh account now.

I tried to just use the Gmail app since I was tired of trying to deal with it. The Gmail app does not push either. I have to manually sync it. It will never sync on its own. I have the option checked in data synchronization to sync gmail. Is there some other option I need to check to make sure that it pushes new mail?

All I want is to receive pushed email. I need the instant notification of new mail. I know that it is capable of doing this. Anybody have any ideas to try? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. nGoldenm

nGoldenm New Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I factory restored my device. I then set up a new account using exchange with m.google.com as the server. It then downloaded and showed all of my mail as it should. So I sent a test message and manually synced. The message showed up as it should. So I changed the frequency to "As items arrive" and sent a new test email. The device tried to sync almost immediately and then that was the end of it. It will not pull down any new emails, even if I try to manually sync.

I feel that this is a problem with the HTC email app. It works perfectly when set as exchange and on a set timed frequency as well as when set to imap.

Has anyone been able to set up gmail as an exchange account and get immediate push notifications? Thanks.