• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero G3 Download links :)

Looks like the offical release is available..

Haykuros hero Offical Release:
HTC Hero G3 Rom: Downloads / Offical Release

Install Instructions:

*Download Paragon and create the ext2 partition. (How to create partition here)
*Copy the update and the app_s to your root sd card.
*Wipe phone Alt+w and then Alt+S to update.
*Let it boot and open the command prompt run-cmd
now enter as follow
adb shell
su
cp /sdcard/app_s.zip /system/sd
cd /system/sd
unzip app_s.zip
if you type in everything right the files should start to copy. Let it finish and once is done type
reboot

You should know have the sexy Rossie :)

Few Screen Shots aswell...

1243847210834.png

1243847290480.png

1243847301425.png

1243848466517.png

1243847335316.png

1243847663534.png

1243847437542.png

1243847385316.png

do i have to do all this if i have already rooted my g1?

Upvote 0
I did it this morning:

All you have to do is reflash to whatever you had previously, whether it be jf1.5asp, thedude, hayakuro, official cupcake, etc.

I experience no problems whatsoever in doing this, just make sure you wipe otherwise you're left with like 19mb of memory when the new rom boots up.

Upvote 0
Would the Hero build work in the UK? Also would there be any point in installing the later rooted updates to my phone? I have a G1 Non rooted(yet) Running CRB43 Cupcake 1.5 UK Version

I havent rooted my G1 yet. Im trying to way up the pros and cons of doing it, but i love the look of the new stuff so im really considering it. There doesnt seem to be much info on UK rooting of G1's.

Is it exactly the same as in the US? And does the software work the same?

Thanks for any replies, Id love to see if anyone has tried any of this in the UK too

cheers

Upvote 0
I don't see why Hero wouldn't work in the UK. Also, Rooting a UK g1 is the same as a us g1, if I'm not mistaken. As long as you can download telnet from the market, you're good.

The pros for me for rooting are this:

I can overclock it via a market app for when I wish to play nes or genesis games via the emulators.

I can move cache and apps to the memory card via 2 apps.

I dont have amazon on there.

Plus, it's just cooler.

The cons for rooting for me at least:

I honestly cant say I have seen any cons, granted I have only been rooted for 1 week or so.

Upvote 0
I forgot to mention that when my phone was running Hero, I had to use the overclocker app or else it seemed kinda sluggish. I'm not too afraid of overclocking a phone, they are really only bad in the long run, think over 1 year or so. But, I haven't had the same phone for that long to see if there actually was damage done. I've had a windows mobile overclocked for 6 months and never had a single problem out of it.

Upvote 0
Yes this is not a fake and works perfectly fine on G1.

What i found the easiest way was:

(This is assuming you have ROOT, JFv1.5ADP1, latest SPL & Radio installed or similar)

*Download Paragon Partition Manager 9.0
*Create a 500mb partition on your SD Card formatted as a Linux ext2.
*Copy update.zip & app_s.zip to the root of the SD Card (normal Fat32 Partition).
*Boot your phone as normal and execute the terminal emulator.
*Enter the following commands;
su
cp sdcard/app_s.zip /system/sd/
cd /system/sd
unzip app_s.zip
(this will copy the app_s.zip folder to the Linux ext2 parition on your sdcard and will unzip it to this destination).
*Now reboot your phone into the SPL by holding the power and home button.
*Once loaded press Alt+w & Alt+s
*Once install is complete reboot the phone when prompted and you now have Rossie!

Upvote 0
I have a little question to ask the guys that are more familiar with apps2sd than myself: if your sd card dies on you, how is your phone supposed to boot up, or is there no problem?

The way Hero is setup seems it needs the SD Card. When i first tried to boot the phone without extracting the app_s.zip file to the Linux parition on the SD Card the phone would just loop at the HTC start up screen. I could be wrong as i havn't taken the SD Card out of phone since I got Hero working successfully.

Upvote 0
Yes this is not a fake and works perfectly fine on G1.

What i found the easiest way was:

(This is assuming you have ROOT, JFv1.5ADP1, latest SPL & Radio installed or similar)

*Download Paragon Partition Manager 9.0
*Create a 500mb partition on your SD Card formatted as a Linux ext2.
*Copy update.zip & app_s.zip to the root of the SD Card (normal Fat32 Partition).
*Boot your phone as normal and execute the terminal emulator.
*Enter the following commands;
su
cp sdcard/app_s.zip /system/sd/
cd /system/sd
unzip app_s.zip
(this will copy the app_s.zip folder to the Linux ext2 parition on your sdcard and will unzip it to this destination).
*Now reboot your phone into the SPL by holding the power and home button.
*Once loaded press Alt+w & Alt+s
*Once install is complete reboot the phone when prompted and you now have Rossie!

when i get to the part in terminal emulater where i put in unzip app_s.zip it says unzip: cant open app_s.zip, app_s.zip.zip, app_s.zip ZIP

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones