• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Hero getting hot!

Mofobucs

Lurker
Dec 11, 2009
I've had my hero for about 3 months now. I never had a problem with battery life or my phone getting hot. Starting yesterday my phones battery life sucks ass and it gets hot at times. I didn't add or change anything on my phone. Has this happen to anyone else?

Mine did this for about a week. Mine is rooted with SetCPU so I at first thought it was that that was doing it. I would drop 1% every 1 minute in battery life. I turned off some of the visual goodies I had on in Spare Parts and also removed the weather widget from one of my screeens (not sure which item fixed it).

Now mine stays cool and the battery seems to last FOREVER now. When not in heavy use, my battery drops 1% every 45 minutes or so.

Upvote 0
Once in a while my phone will start heating up. In my office I only get a EVDO signal if my phone is right by the wall, but otherwise it diverts to 1X signal or roam if I forget it in my pocket. That is when it starts to heat up, and believe me, if your Hero is hot in your pocket, you know pretty quick :eek:

At least for me, the constant switching from 1X to EDVO must increase CPU use and generate heat. The next time your phone gets hot, you might want to check the signal you are getting.

Keep in mind, this is just a guess.
jj

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones