Hero gps vs iphone 3gs gps

Last Updated:

1. nickhirst

nickhirst Member This Topic's Starter

Was a long time iphone user, til i got my new hero. The hero is here to stay:D.
    Just wondering what you guys think, Have downloaded copilot. Its unbelievable how quick the gps starts and is connected and never seems to drop out!
    The experiences i had with my 3gs was completly the opposite, ok maybe not such a long time to find a signal, but always losing it again, and just when you need it most!!!!!
    Hero A++++++ Iphone 3gs F-------------
    What do you guys think, anyone with the same results?

Advertisement
  2. michael_84

michael_84 Well-Known Member

Hiya,
    I recently got Co-Pilot and took it on a 4 hour trip down south, I had the GPS drop out twice on the way down but on the return leg it was totally stable, the drop out though I blamed on co-pilot as quitting co-pilot and restarting it gained signal again as opposed to restarting the GPS.

Though there has been two updates to Co-pilot since I ran it so they may of fixed that now!! :)

3. rizzla

rizzla Well-Known Member

Yeah the GPS is quick :)

The first phone I used gps with I had to buy the unit separate, cost

4. trick202

trick202 Well-Known Member

I recall my iphone 3g getting really dim-witted with the gps after an update (can't recall which one).
    Even with google maps it just didn't seem sure where I was. It got so bad, I even asked the wife for directions once! ;)

Hero has been good so far.