Hero hangs during incoming call

Last Updated:

1. bakerjs

bakerjs New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi All,

I'm having a very annoying problem with my Sprint HTC Hero, as follows:

When an incoming call comes in after my phone has been dormant for a while (screen off), I am often unable to answer it, because the phone just hangs for about 5 or 10 seconds. That is to say, the phone rings, and the screen lights up and displays the caller ID, but when I try to drag the slider down on the screen to answer the call, nothing happens -- the screen is basically frozen up. It hangs like this for a few seconds -- just long enough that I'm unable to answer the call in time.

Does anyone else have this problem? Do you guys think this is a software issue or a hardware issue? And, most importantly, does anyone know of a fix for this?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. chicagochris

chicagochris New Member

I have a similar issue, except my screen flashes the screen locked view on and off and sometimes I am unable to slide it down so I can see who Is calling.

3. dwayne

dwayne Member

i have this issue as well

4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

It could be a sprint problem have you tried asking on the sprint forum.

5. mlblack16

mlblack16 Well-Known Member

It's a problem with the Hero waking up and trying to respond. This combined with the ringer lag do not allow me to answer in time. Hopefully this will improve with overall OS optimization in 2.1

6. jwm

jwm New Member

Hit the green button instead of sliding your finger down the screen. The call will get answered.

7. jbrown

jbrown Member

I have the same issue! However, I am able to know when the call comes in because I use a wired headset and I can hear static come through thte headphones when I get a call before it rings. I can just look at the screen and be ready to pounce on the green button :)