Hero HeadphonesSupport

Last Updated:

1. 123carl

123carl Active Member This Topic's Starter

Hi.

Ive got an HTC Hero mobile. The problem i have is the head phones icon stays on all the time. Which means i can answer any calls as i cant hear any one. (they can hear me).

The only way i can have a conversation its to have the headphones pluged in.

Dose any one no how i can fix this.

Also i want to save all me contacts (not to sim as i have to many) as i think i need to send the phone away for re-pair it this possable

Cheers

Carl

Advertisement
  2. Slug

Slug Check six! Moderator

Try rebooting the handset with the headset plugged in, then remove it once the OS and your Home screen have loaded. Sometimes this fixes it. Otherwise a factory reset is the next step to try, but this will wipe internal memory so a backup of your contacts is required. How are they currently stored, as "Phone" contacts?

3. 123carl

Hi Slug

Ive tried rebooting the head set and it dosent work. i have noticed that the battery life is aroung 9 Hrs now. When the phone is turned off for a long period of time the icon doesnt come on for a while.

Ive got 200 contacts

Regards

Carl

4. justindacey

justindacey New Member

I'm having this exact same issue as well. Is there any other way to fix this without having to send the phone back to the factory?

5. Slug

As I said, try the "factory reset" option in Settings/Security (iirc, it's been a while since I used a 1.5 ROM). You'll either have to sync Phone contacts with Outlook to back them up, convert them to Google contacts so that they're sync'd with 'the cloud', or use a backup app from the Market.

Another alternative fix is to update the firmware (if you're not already up-to-date) as that has been reported to fix the issue, probably due to it also wiping the handset during the update.

6. SprintFan

SprintFan Member

Use the HTC Sync service to copy all of your contacts to your computer (this is free), or if you are using your Gmail contacts, they should already be backed up online. As far as the headphone icon goes, try doing a factory reset, or rooting the phone and trying a different rom. If all else fails, take your phone in to a sprint store to see if they can fix it.
    Happy to help :)

7. 123carl

Hi. do you know how to save the contacts to gmail or google contacts. When i click on a contact its saved to phone.

Regards

Carl

8. Slug

You will have to export them as a .CSV file, either from Outlook (if you've used that to sync) or by using one of the many free apps available from the Market such as ExportContacts (QR code below) [​IMG]

Once you have the .CSV file it can be imported into your Google contacts by logging into Gmail, going to Contacts and selecting the "Import..." option in the "More actions" drop-down menu.