Hero help

Last Updated:

1. Stoo

Stoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

okay guys.... had my hero for 4 days now and have several problems i need advice on..
    my hero is quite laggy and is doing my head in, i have the latest rom update and on my homescreens i have, screen:-
    1. 7 app shorcuts
    2. twitter
    3. phone book contacts, txt and mail
    4. 3 widgets
    5. clock
    6. bookmarks
    7. camera, pic album

screen transition is smooth and no probs with notification menu however when i go into photo album and scroll through the stock pics it stutters for like a second to display the next pics
    i dwnloaded task killer and when i open this and scroll up and down the screen goes blank and does not show the apps
    the bookmarks are always blank even tho i have saved some
    the weather under the clock doesnt update properly
    on occassion the screen does not lock even wen left totally alone
    i have done 3 hard resets and to be honest seems to make it worse
    i am still in my 7 day return period and have sent it back, just want to know if i am doing things wrong or if i could have a dodgy hero?????
    i really like it and am thinking of asking orange to send me a replacement to try again or should i just forget it and wait for something like the N1?
    thanks

Advertisement
  2. markie-m8

markie-m8 Well-Known Member

My photo album is a little laggy, says something like loading from sd card, once loaded its scrolls ok.

I'd your not happy send it back and wait for the N1, that sounds a good phone.

3. Stoo

Stoo Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

cheers for the reply, the only pics on are the sample pics, i could understand lag if i had loads on it, maybe i should just wait, thanks

4. andy d

andy d Well-Known Member

I would send it back and wait and see what Google offer on the 5th Jan.
    Nor only that but hero is faily old now and the hero replacement is due in march 2010.
    Rumor has it as a. Much better phone.
    I know that their is the upgrade for this phone due out.
    But was supposed to have been here by Christmas now its going to be first quarter 2010 but all of that is based on comments left on Twitter and nothing coming from the official HTC site.