Hero in the mail..

Last Updated:

1. seppo

seppo Member This Topic's Starter

I should be getting the HTC hero in the mail tomorrow from sprint. Reading all these post im a bit undecided if i want to keep the HTC hero or stay with the Blackberry curve 2. I read allot of posts regarding issues with this phone. I have a 2 year contract with sprint and i don't want to get stuck with a phone that will have problems for two years. Have any problems been resolved since it came out.

Thanks in advance

Advertisement
  2. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Lots of problems have been resolved.

What problems are you referring to specifically? What will you be using the phone for? What do you want the phone to do?

3. seppo

I'm using a blackberry curve 8330 and its great for messaging and email but web surfing is kind of slow flash videos do not work. I have a gmail and aol mail and they work great.
    I guess i'm looking for the same thing in the hero. I hear the hero also has some lag. I will be using the phone for calling,web surfing, texing, email, facebook.

4. momoceio

momoceio Well-Known Member

My co-worker has the BB 8330...trust me there is no comparison between the two. It's a totally different class of phone. Sure there are a few issues but it's still a great phone. Once 2.1 is released...I think we'll all be even happier. Not only because of the 2.1 update...because we'll have a bunch of 2.1 ROMs available too :)

5. durandetto

durandetto Well-Known Member

There may be some lag, but its still faster than a Curve. I too came from a curve and couldn't be happier. My main complaints are the keyboard lag when when posting in the forums and the space bar in landscape can be difficult to hit sometimes, it gets easier with time.

6. seppo

I can deal with that no problem.

7. seppo

How does texting and email work. Any problems

8. tatonka_Hero

tatonka_Hero Well-Known Member

I haven't had any problems. Occasional lag, but that's to be expected with any phone. Just don't let your threads get over a couple hundred messages, especially with the stock app, and you won't have any issues with lag. Also, keep your apps updated, and get rid of those worthless Sprint apps the first chance you get lol

9. dmm5157

dmm5157 Well-Known Member

My wife has a BB Curve 8330 as well and cannot wait until she can upgrade in March to a Hero. She plays with my phone quite a bit and has gotten pretty good at maneuvering, which was a little surprising to me since she's not very tech savvy.

The Hero is the best phone you can get for Sprint by far. You shouldn't have any regrets, unless you have unreal expectations.

There are loads of great tips on this board.

Enjoy

Also, you should look into if you are a Sprint Premier member (rewards program). If you are, you qualify for an annual upgrade, rather than having to wait 2 years. Having an unlimited data plan usually is enough to put you into qualifying status.

10. tatonka_Hero

Interesting...does that work for employee plans too? (that would be freaking sweet lol)

11. killabee44

killabee44 Member

Yeah, the hero is a really good ppc. One thing you have to remember is that on the forums, almost everyone comes to ask for help for a problem or complain about something they don't like.

Hardly ever do you see posts praising. When the phone works, people just go about their daily lives. The last update took care of just about all the major problems I can think of.

12. dmm5157

It's worth checking into.

Here's the details. We got added to it automatically when it was first introduced last year.

Sprint Premier

13. tatonka_Hero

probably not...it's only $20 a month lol

14. killabee44

killabee44 Member

I thought it was free when you had a plan of $69.99 or more?

15. dmm5157

Yeah, it is. I'm thinking what he's saying by the comment of "it's only $20" is how much he's paying for his corporate account.

Sprint Premier is free and great. Had a buddy who was a premier member and didn't even realize it. Last month he was complaining that he had another 9 months to go until he reached 2 years so he could upgrade. Told him to check if he was a Premier member because they can upgrade every 12 months. Sure enough, he had been one for a while, just hadn't paid attention to the stuff Sprint had been sending him. He ended up getting a Hero as well and loves it.