Hero internet/data problemSupport

Last Updated:

1. uzfresh

uzfresh Active Member This Topic's Starter

After a reboot my data connection absolutely will NOT work unless I go into settings networks and turn off mobile network and turn it back on. Anyone else have this issue?

Advertisement
  2. bcrowe101

bcrowe101 Member

happens all the time with me too. I also am still getting the invalid user name error even though sprint tech support has "fixed" it twice

3. kassdog

kassdog Well-Known Member

Happens to me but not just when reboot. If Ii don't use my data for a couple hours it will shut off and I will need to reset it.

4. Kelmar

Kelmar Done by choice VIP Member

Have this problem every few weeks with the stock setup. Haven't experienced it but ONCE since rooting.

5. JB in AZ

JB in AZ VIP Member VIP Member

uzfresh... I moved your thread to the Support and Troubleshooting sub-forum where it shoud get more eyes.

6. LBPHeretic

LBPHeretic Well-Known Member

I have noticed the last few days that my data connection has been tending to want shift over to 1xRTT more and more. It is really strange because I have always had a strong EV-DO connection with both my Sprint HTC Hero and my wife's Sprint Palm Pre. I maintain the data connection just fine, but it just goes over to the slower speed more often than I am used to. I have tried rebooting my handset and just toggling mobile data on and off with limited improvement.

I wonder if it is related to me updating to the latest PRL. We also have Hurricane Earl to our immediate east off of the Delaware coast. I wonder if weather could be a factor. Anyone else have any thoughts on this?