Hero just arrived - 152MB free space?!

Last Updated:

1. urbanphilosopher

urbanphilosopher Member This Topic's Starter

Ok, I knew the on-board storage was rather lacking, but I didn't expect it to be mostly used up as well!
    I take it (hope that) most of this is taken up by sample files - can anyone tell me how I go about tracking these down and removing them (n00b question I know). If it's necessary to download a file manager from the market, can anyone recommend a good one.
    Also, on a similar note, how do I kill apps, rather than just having them run in the background?

Advertisement
  2. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Try : Astro File Manager ...

Try : Advanced Task Kill or Advanced Task Manager

File Manager will help you manage files on the SDCard .. but will do nothing to manage files on the phone ... you would have to have root to be able to do that... not recommended unless you know exactly what you are doing ... deleting the wrong thing can cause havoc with the system ...

3. urbanphilosopher

urbanphilosopher Member This Topic's Starter

I see, well after a bit of exploring i see that the file in question are actually on the memory card anyway - it worries me that there's so little free space in which to store applications.

So is such a small amount of free space normal?

4. justjimjpc

justjimjpc Premium Member VIP Member

Not sure "exactly" about the Hero ... But it is about double the G1 and the G1 has a starting out of the box around 72MB availbable for app storage ...

So it looks like you have normal ... Depending on Apps you can still but alot of apps into 72MB ... and Double of alot with 152MB... so enjoy the memory you have